Sky Sports have dismissed Matt Le Tissier, Charlie Nicholas and Phil Thompson from their Soccer Saturday show

joe516

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Sky Sports stalwarts Matt Le Tissier, Charlie Nicholas and Phil Thompson have all be sacked from their roles as Soccer Saturday match summarisers.

The vastly experienced trio, who between them had racked up 50 years of service combined, were dismissed on Tuesday as part of ongoing cuts at Sky.

Le Tissier, 51, had recently taken a break from social media after courting controversy over the course of the coronavirus pandemic
Sky Sports sack three Soccer Saturday legends

I wouldn't miss Nicholas and Thompson, but LeGod? That's tough, but people in his position should know better than spouting off on social media. It's the usual Sports Personality foot in mouth disease. :confused:

Ah well, there's always the YouTube videos of those stunning goals.

I wouldn't miss Nicholas and Thompson, but LeGod? That's tough, but people in his position should know better than spouting off on social media. It's the usual Sports Personality foot in mouth disease. :confused:

Ah well, there's always the YouTube videos of those stunning goals.

I wholeheartedly agree with you in hindsight he should have just stayed quiet about his thoughts on BLM matters, he took
a stand that he probably knew would end his career, I predicted this outcome for him in the BLM thread at the time he said
what he did, it'll be interesting to see who replaces them, Sky should never have got involved in this political shit from the start
It's not bringing people closer together but driving them further apart.

Last edited:
Back