Size of dish to receive BADR 4/6 (Arabsat)

Just too add MBC you will need at least a 1.2 size dish

Possibly true to 'guarantee ' this, but I get a perfectly acceptable signal on all MBC etc with my 1 metre dish in North Lincs!:drink:

Possibly true to 'guarantee ' this, but I get a perfectly acceptable signal on all MBC etc with my 1 metre dish in North Lincs!:drink:

Damn lol....get everything else but that using 1mtr,think i'll have a tinker about.

You can pick the MBC's up on badr4 with a good 80cm in the N/W and i do mean a good one but for a safer rain margin a 90cm minium would be better.

Course its not only the dish size which matters but also other factors such as weather (bad weather already mentioned, e.g. wind, heavy rain or snow, etc) and also a really good LNB can help quite dramatically too, not to mention using decent cabling!:Wave:

All my equipment is top stuff,using 1mtr dish,lnb 0.1.Got most sats between 45e - 45w,just this one being a pain,seem to get 90/90 on mbc freq but nothing clears so i guess i was on wrong sat,cant help think astra 2a/2b is having something to do with this,also my inclination might need tweeking maybe,anyway keep trying

100cm gibertini dish ,o.6 blue line lnb ,technomate 1500+ super on a 15 metre cable run.all mbc channels ok.level 97% quality72% at the moment.location opposite the wirral on the welsh side of the river dee in line with liverpool.not all lnbs work well with these channels.i have three which will not work very well at all and they are less than 2years old,yet my blue line which is over 5years old pulls them in no problem.as far as freqencies are concerned the mbc ones can be confused with 28east and 23.5east.try another frequency which is not common to those sats but which can be received.try another lnb ,even an old one.i hope this helps somebody.

100cm gibertini dish ,o.6 blue line lnb ,technomate 1500+ super on a 15 metre cable run.all mbc channels ok.level 97% quality72% at the moment.location opposite the wirral on the welsh side of the river dee in line with liverpool.not all lnbs work well with these channels.i have three which will not work very well at all and they are less than 2years old,yet my blue line which is over 5years old pulls them in no problem.as far as freqencies are concerned the mbc ones can be confused with 28east and 23.5east.try another frequency which is not common to those sats but which can be received.try another lnb ,even an old one.i hope this helps somebody.

Cheers m8,that was my next step before getting the ladders out lol

Just slapped a inverto black ultra lnb on dish, amazing results.
up min 10% quality mbc in bad weather gone from 55% to 70%

Thats interesting mate - is this the 0.1db high gain version please?:Cheers:

Heres some comparisons from another site
TM Ultra high gain 0.1db.....Inverto Black Ultra Single 0.2db
45E 11685V.................. S72 Q58.....................S74 Q70
26E 11919H.................. S70 Q48.....................S74 Q60
21.6E 11561H............... S60 Q32.....................S61 Q40
4W 10889V................... S72 Q44.....................S75 Q58
11W 11548H................. S60 Q48.....................S62 Q54

Thats interesting mate - is this the 0.1db high gain version please?:Cheers:

There are no 0.1db Black Ultra's High gain all the Black ultra's from single to Octo are all 0.2db, Dont let a seller tell you otherwise

So the db rating doesnt always come into its ability to 'gain' a better signal?:Dunce:

Back