signal problems

slaphead1726

Member ++
Reaction score
hi guys need some help and advice, my problem is i brought a tm super 500 for my sister sorted the box out, added the c line in and everthing is working fine at my house. took the box to my sisters house plugged it all in. i am getting all the fta channels but only a few of premium channels, when i am on a premium channel that works my signal strenght is around 84% but when i go onto a premium which isnt working the signal strenght drops to 14 to 20 % and also says wrong data transmission, when i was at my house when i first scan for channels i was getting in the region of 850 channels when i did a rescan at my sister house it is only picking up in the region of 450 channels.

Today i went up with my sat finder and plug it all in and the signal was fine. now i am no expert at it but i am happy it is ok. what mores confuses me is that it is a sky dish and she has a sky box in her back room which only gives her freeview on it and the signal to the box is ok. so what i did i moved the tmsuper box throught to the back room and used the sat cable there but it was still showing less that 14 % signal strenght on some of her premium channels which also says wrong data tramsmission, i feel is is not the cables that are the problem i am guessing that it is dish and lnb, the sat dish is now 8 years old

sorry for boring you all and any ideas would helps

thanks in advance

cheers,,

It will be the lnb. they go on a regular basis with symptoms you describe.

I had a case where a standiard digi box worked fine but tm500 wouldnt, same symptoms as you, I replaced the LNB and everything was fine again.

thanks guys i have order 1 today to hopefully sort the problems

cheers

hi guys put an new lnb on and a bit of playing with the signal, everything is all good now

cheers guys

Back