Several injured in London blasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randomist

Inactive User
Reaction score
CHAOS in London, "Blasts" on London Underground and Buses

Reports seem to be very sketchy at the moment, i dont think anyone really knows whats going on.

I just hope no one is tooo seriously hurt,
i have alot of friends and family members who work in central london and use the Underground everyday and i PRAY they are ALL ok and were not caught up too badly in this mess.

Heck, yesterday i was planning on metting some friends down in Angel this morning, im glad that idea fell through.

An explosion has "ripped a bus apart" just minutes after a number of blasts on London's Underground.Witness Belinda Seabrook said she saw an explosion rip though a bus as it approached Russell Square.
I was on the bus in front and heard an incredible bang. I turned round and half the double decker bus was in the air," she said.

Scotland Yard could not confirm reports of an explosion on a bus in Russell Square. A spokeswoman said police were at the scene and attempting to determine what had happened.

The entire Tube network has been shut down following the blasts at Aldgate, Edgware Road, King's Cross, Old Street and Russell Square.

It is understood several people have been wounded in the underground blasts, with one unconfirmed eyewitness telling Sky News he saw "bodies on the line".

British Transport Police confirmed there are "walking wounded" and said paramedics have responded to one report of a person classed as "life at risk".

"It's chaos, with people trying to work out what has happened," said a spokesman.

One witness said the packed underground train he was on was 200 metres from King's Cross when there was a huge flash.

The train stopped and people were using umberellas to smash windows of the trains. Passengers were led out of the train by underground staff.

He added people were milling around King's Cross covered in soot.

Clare Benson, 33, a city banker from Kensington, was on a tube at Edware Road where the second incident took place.

"I was in the last carriage at the back of the train nearest the tunnel when I heard a huge bang - you could feel it," she said.

"The lights went off for a couple of minutes and people were scared and wondering what to do.

"The drivers got out and were looking into the tunnel, then they announced that we should evacuate. My ears are still ringing and I was shaking."

Several people have been injured after explosions led to the whole London Underground network being closed down.
A police spokesman said there were "quite a large number of casualties" at Aldgate Station.

Scotland Yard confirmed one of several reports of explosions on buses in the city - in Tavistock Place - but said the cause was not yet known.

One caller to BBC Five said his friend had seen "the bus ripped open like a can of sardines and bodies everywhere."

PA also quoted union officials as saying sources had told them there had been at least one explosive device on the Underground.

British Transport Police Surges took place at Aldgate, Edgware Road, King's Cross, Old Street and Russell Square stations.

Scotland Yard confirmed they were assisting with a "major incident" and said there were casualties.

A spokesman said officers were called out to Aldgate station at 8.50am to assist City of London and British Transport Police.

"All of the emergency services are on scene. There have been some casualties. This has been declared as a major incident," said the spokesman. "It's too early to state what has happened at this stage," he said.

The National Grid, which supplies power to the Underground, said there had been no problems with its system which could have contributed to the incidents.

'Screaming and crying'

Jacqui Head, from BBC News, who had just left King's Cross station on a Piccadilly Line train as an explosion happened, said: "Everything was normal. Suddenly there was a massive bang, the train jolted.

"There was immediately smoke everywhere and it was hot and everybody panicked. People started screaming and crying."

The train was kept in the tunnel for 20 minutes and no announcement was made to explain the delay to passengers, she added.

London Fire Brigade said four crews were at Liverpool Street and more were on their way.

Another passenger, who had left the Tube at Fenchurch Street Station, and walked to Aldgate East, told BBC Five Live that he saw injured people.

"As I walked through the bus station I could see people lying on the ground, black, as if they'd been covered in smoke. There were about three or four people on the floor being treated."

Eyewitness Paul Woloszyn from BBC News, who was at Blackhorse Road station on the Victoria Line, said: "We were told there was a bomb at Liverpool Street station.

"I was on the Tube, and they stopped the train and told everyone to get off and evacuate the station."

He said staff had said the entire Tube network had been affected, and leaflets had been handed out with details of alternative bus routes.

Another eyewitness, Dorothy Molloy, had been on a Tube train at King's Cross and said "staff just chucked everyone out of the station".

She said staff there had not given any details, but she said two passengers she had spoken to had said they had received messages saying there had been bombs.

"People didn't really know what was going on, they were just huffing and puffing and saying how annoying it was," she said.

"People don't seem to be panicked, but there's so many police and ambulances coming into the areas. People are just concerned, and some are just annoyed at the delay."

they have just said there has been another explosion at liverpool street station i think it was

Im watchin it sky news , its sounding brutal "major,major incident" .
regretfully i dont think we've seen the last of the explosions today

Hope your friends & familly are safe mate , its all lookin worrying

i spoke to my dad about half hour ago, he works near edgware road station, he got into work just before all the explosions started happening.

but there are alot more people i know who work in the effected areas.

There's alot of live sky camera's around the area's affected .On 'russel square' a bus is totally wrecked .
you kinda get the feeling we're going to witness something go off as it happens

Just say a report on itv news say 20 people are confirmed dead so far.

Feck this is bad. :(

army on the street in covent garden

armed police with machine guns outside Buckingham palace

sources say its the al queda, or how ever the fuk u spell it, bin laden people
******s, i cnt get thru to my gf, :(

chetzy, alot of mobile networks are down at the moment, they are just overloaded with people trying call loved ones,
hope u hear from ur gf and any other loved ones soon mate.

:( :(

i somehow doubt it is an international terrorist group if it was God forbid it would of been alot bigger than this must be IRA or someone small

anyhow who ever it was needs shooting!!!

hope everyone's friends and family is ok!

my sympathy goes to all those whose friends family have been injured :(

just shows how easy it is to cause carnage . everyday people minding there own business. time the government stopped feckin about and banned anyone coming in to this country without proper checks . paid whatever the cost for i'ds and fecked a load back in to the bargain.

i think its all caused cos of that w*nker Blair sticking his nose in other people's business
This is what happens us civilians are the ones who suffer!!

It's just been confirmed by Tony Blair these are terrorist co-ordinated attacks on London.

this is terrible i know what these peeps involved are going through. weve had terriost attacks here from republicians and loyalist for thirty years and it not a nice situation to be in. all are deepest sympaties for those suffering from this terrible situation on this day

JIMMYQ said:
i somehow doubt it is an international terrorist group if it was God forbid it would of been alot bigger than this must be IRA or someone small

anyhow who ever it was needs shooting!!!

hope everyone's friends and family is ok!

my sympathy goes to all those whose friends family have been injured :(

here here jimmy have to agree with you internationals would have blew the place beyond recginition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back