Setanta on Freeview?

Freeview-ROI

Inactive User
Reaction score
I notice that it no longer lists prices for setanta football matches on freeview after the 15th of January.Does this mean that it now works on the top up tv subscription system?

Also a while back there was a rumour that Setanta would be going nationwide on DTT, have there been any developments on this??
Now that the ITV news channel has ceased broadcasting surely the space could be used?

Conor

ITV Kids will be broadcast in ITV news's time (until 6pm i think), when ITV4 gets the space.

next batch of fixtures are up on setanta channel mate !

MOTHERWELL Vs RANGERS .... 15 JAN

MOTHERWELL Vs CELTIC ........22 JAN

INVERNESS CT Vs RANGERS....29 JAN

RANGERS Vs CELTIC ..............12 FEB

DUNFERMLINE Vs CELTIC.......19 FEB

have you noticed that the Rangers v Celtic has (TBC) beside it.....

could be on topup card....

i think its just the time of ko mate, usually 2pm but i think they'll make it a 12pm ko

possibly 12 , 12:30 ko and buy 2 hours before, should get everyone settled lol

The celtic rangers game can usually be bought from half 10 on the day

Top up tv is best they are adding new Channels all the time, and the question about when setanta open regarding Celtic/Rangers games it open 90 minutes before kick off normally 12.30

Last edited:
Setanta Sports On Channel 57!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setanta Sports is now available nationwide on Channel 57

Rescan the ITV/CH4 Mux

Yeh I hope it doesnt go on TUTV tho coz it will cost us then :(
But hey there must b a way ryt....;)

chann 34 for me too - though so far everything is blank - wonder if its going encrypted still?

nix9 said:
chann 34 for me too - though so far everything is blank - wonder if its going encrypted still?

I was readin the Digital Spy forums, and someone had emailed TUTV, and posted the reply:

DS forum poster said:
I emailed Setanta Sports yesterday asking them why i have this channel on my freeview box. I have now got a reply from them stateing that "it will become available to the uk very soon and for a limited period only, all live games are available to all Freeview customers when it lauches on air.
After that it will be available to Top Up Tv

Wonder if it will be working for sunday? Just checked, there are no prices on TUTV site anymore...

Gonna try hacking it if it does...then find something to watch...

wait a minute, is Setanta only gonna show SPL matches? what about us viewers in other parts of the UK?

they're not really reaching a very wide market... :(

Agree, don't quite see how the current setanta will appeal to uk wide audience. Perhaps it will also bring feeds from setanta irelend (or setanta 2) which also broadcasts german / dutch etc highlights from around europe, And also a live game here or there.

the game was great yesterday. gers vs motherwell. mon the gers.

MA said:
wait a minute, is Setanta only gonna show SPL matches? what about us viewers in other parts of the UK?
they're not really reaching a very wide market... :(

You have sky sports

Back