series linking

Right,
Done a bit of looking on google. And it appears that every broadcaster sends out a code at the beginning of the program to tell the equipment what it is. Presumably this is the same info that populates the now and next.
I would have thought that this would have been readable by the dreambox and enable it to instigate a record.... As nothing exists presumably this is harder than it sounds.
Would it be possible to create a plug in that did a search on the epg (say once a night at 3) for the actual name of the program, and then create an auto time for this event...
Think I'm going to have to learn programming and do something about it.
Wizbit77

When playing about with my VU+ Duo it has functions built in to automatically find programs which have the same name and set each of them to record. You can restrict it to only record programs on that channel or to ignore programs which have the same EPG Description (the details of the program) as one that has already been recorded. As close as you can get to series link, not sure if the same functionality is present on the DM800.

Back