Scariest Movie Ever...

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
The 1978 film Halloween has been voted the best horror movie of all time.

The John Carpenter movie, starring Jamie Lee Curtis, sees a faceless killer embark on a mindless rampage.

Halloween is one of several movies in the horror poll, like Alien, and The Exorcist, which spawned sequels or have been re-made for modern audiences.
The movie has beaten the 1968 classic Night of the Living Dead, which sees a terrified group hide from blood thirsty zombies in a warehouse.
Haunted house movie The Haunting (1963) comes third in the poll, carried out by sci-fi magazine SFX.
The classic Hitchcock thriller Psycho and The Texas Chain Saw Massacre followed in fourth and fifth.
The magazine's news editor Steve O'Brien said: "Halloween is the daddy of the genre and has set the mark for horror movies for the last 20 years.
"It kick-started the modern idea of horror."

He added: "The scariest films aren't necessarily the ones with the most blood.
"The best horror films combine tension, atmosphere, and a gut-wrenching feeling that events are outside anyone's control, including the director's."

Top 20 Horror Films:

1. Halloween (1978)
2. Night Of The Living Dead (1968)
3. The Haunting (1963)
4. Psycho (1960)
5. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)
6. Bride Of Frankenstein (1935)
7. Ringu (1998)
8. The Exorcist (1973)
9. Alien (1979)
10. The Shining (1980)
11. The Wicker Man (1973)
12. The Evil Dead (1981)
13. An American Werewolf In London (1981)
14. Eyes Without A Face (1959)
15. Suspiria (1977)
16. Dawn Of The Dead (1978)
17. Peeping Tom (1960)
18. Don't Look Now (1973)
19. The Masque Of The Red Death (1964)
20. The Devil Rides Out (1968)

An American Werewolf In London. i thought that was a comady .....the omen now that scared me ... just cause you can read the story near enough in the bible ...ok a bit more dramitised but its there so it freeked me out ...

my wedding video was the scarest ..lol
i spit in your grave for me ..

madbomer you never saw my wedding video feck it is scary ask vat19 he seen it lmfao

Night Of The Living Dead wen we wer kids we watch it and it was fecken scary but watch it again not long ago and i tut it was so funny :Frog:

im a wimp with all these kinds of films, never seen the enjoyment in them :S

must be because i get scared VERY easily. :( lol

gee im scared of spiders what i would be like watching scary movie, not worth me thinking about lol, i would have to sleep with all my lights on lol
have nice day

the severed head floating out of the sunken boat in Jaws still makes me jump :)
agree with MB though - -i spit in yr grave was good

The closing minutes of Friday the 13th part 1 when he appears out of the water and grabs her in the boat scared the shit out of me!

its odd that they are all old film's apart from 1 i guess the no 7. Ringu (1998) one is the ring ? out of that list i would say that the The Exorcist was my most Scariest film's the ring was good as well i find it strange that there is not much modern stuff there . there was one film i see many years ago i think it was a made for tv film which put the shites up me i don't remember a lot about thr plot but there was this woman that had aquired this small pigmy like doll and it came to life and would scurry across the floor and attack her .

i think the youth of today dont scare so easy as we did when we were younger watching films ...lol

You cant beat the old horrors,i was brought up on friday the 13th and evil dead..classic horrors,Don't make em like that anymore(god im sounding old lol) :)

i thought the others was quite good and blair witch film's had tension and atmosphere

i think the soundtracks are what makes the films in this genre
a good one will have u on the edge of your seat.

a killer stalking his victim to the tune of
dance of the sugar plum fairies would not have the
same effect would it !

the sound of music scares me
allways run for the hills when thats on tv ;)

the first time I saw Alien the suspense was awesome!!!!!

"Its right on you!!" beep beep beep :)

Arachnophobia, nOw thats just one film that REALLY makes me creep. I hate spiders and Hamsters (another story lol)

Back