Scanning Fast V's Low

bloodstone1964

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just thought i would put this up and get peoples opinions on the different ways of scanning, i find images that support that fast scan are no good for me at all, the only ones i seem to be able to use are gav's images (pacino) this image takes around 10 mins to scan transponders, always finds around 33-36 transponders and usually then i will pick up all the available tv channels (aprox 280) but when i try an image that uses the fast scan i seem to get around 150 transponders in around 2-4 seconds, when this happens i pick up around 40-160 channels if i am lucky and i seem to be missing the most important ones, i have tried selecting the town option for my area and it's no help at all, i have also added my own scan and services files to the images and still nothing happens......what do ya'll think, whats your opions??

Is there a way to use the newer images but use the older scanning ways i have used 5 new images today there all the same its a shame they all look really good just scans the transponders to fast misses to many channels:Mad2:

bloodstone1964 said:
Just thought i would put this up and get peoples opinions on the different ways of scanning, i find images that support that fast scan are no good for me at all, the only ones i seem to be able to use are gav's images (pacino) this image takes around 10 mins to scan transponders, always finds around 33-36 transponders and usually then i will pick up all the available tv channels (aprox 280) but when i try an image that uses the fast scan i seem to get around 150 transponders in around 2-4 seconds, when this happens i pick up around 40-160 channels if i am lucky and i seem to be missing the most important ones, i have tried selecting the town option for my area and it's no help at all, i have also added my own scan and services files to the images and still nothing happens......what do ya'll think, whats your opions??

Is there a way to use the newer images but use the older scanning ways i have used 5 new images today there all the same its a shame they all look really good just scans the transponders to fast misses to many channels:Mad2:

you can turn the fast scan option off in them images m8 .
and what they dont find in the first scan they will find in the auto-scan
after scaning with the fast scan you should get a reloading channel list message box . this will then put new channels into a currentservices.xml in the temp dir ( neur sender) then when you reboot they will go into you andre boutique if there isnt a place set for the channels in the mian boutique list .

i have turned it on ..and turned it of on it picks up 188 transponders with out area .set 300 ish .but lest channels 60 ish

sorry is this any good this is the only setting i have not tried ..?

.i have loaded and scanned all the new images put it to n.l my area tried all the scans cant seem to pick up any movies with the new images the best i can do is 150 channels setting it to fast picks up 25 transponders the other ways 188 trans. 300 trans the only thing i think i did not do was change the Scan->Sectionsd Scan ON/ON No Message/OFF) or w.o will changing this make the diffrence any help would be great driving me mad lol

Last edited:
Sectionsd Scan ON will scan automatic and no real need for scanning your self cause as you watch tv like normal it will auto scan in the background m8

picking up the channels along the way and that is it

cheers

Last edited:
for more info on this click my sig where it says

Dbox Tutorial To Be The Best

then open it and expand software and look down the list for sectionsd

all is in there m8

the older ways are the best why change a good thing

i have done every thing humanly possible can not get this image or the newer images to pick up the channels a few movis no sport very poor scanning i have put my service in set up my scan manually put my area in rebooted i stop srarted would not ginve up 3 day solid nothing theses new images dont scan well on teess.ide i put in pachino version 1 and any image madw before that they have a better way of scanning i turn of fast scan pick up 34 transpoders over 400 channels fantastic why cant the newer images be made to scan like pachino v1 and images before this imagei never had any probs scanning till the new way was interduiced into the images i give up i have never came across any thing as frustrating as this way of scanning my dreamboxs scan great replay no probs scanning dbox was agreat scanner till the new image way of scanning change the way pachino scans should be the way all images scan ...rock solid :Clap: long live pachino v1: bat : i have read that cover to cover i dont help

Have to partly agree. For me fast scanning while very fast is very hit and miss for picking up channels. I use the newer images day to day and load an old one on to scan. That one picks up every channel. It's a bit of a pain but no real inconvience since rescanning is needed so rarely for me.

bloodstone1964 said:
i have done every thing humanly possible can not get this image or the newer images to pick up the channels a few movis no sport very poor scanning i have put my service in set up my scan manually put my area in rebooted i stop srarted would not ginve up 3 day solid nothing theses new images dont scan well on teess.ide i put in pachino version 1 and any image madw before that they have a better way of scanning i turn of fast scan pick up 34 transpoders over 400 channels fantastic why cant the newer images be made to scan like pachino v1 and images before this imagei never had any probs scanning till the new way was interduiced into the images i give up i have never came across any thing as frustrating as this way of scanning my dreamboxs scan great replay no probs scanning dbox was agreat scanner till the new image way of scanning change the way pachino scans should be the way all images scan ...rock solid :Clap: long live pachino v1: bat : i have read that cover to cover i dont help

ok start with all the channels in your services.xml first is this right or is it that you have never had all the channels

if we work together we will get there in the end m8

cheers

I no it means another reflash m8
but this is part of the fun have you tried the new enigma image in the downloads section

@yido
will enigma convert to 1x using image works m8.

Fergalsworld said:
I no it means another reflash m8
but this is part of the fun have you tried the new enigma image in the downloads section

@yido
will enigma convert to 1x using image works m8.

Fergalsworld hi m8

i have not had much to do with enigma but the imageworks is norm for neutrino so you will have to either try it as its all fun lol

hi the flashing of my image to box goes smooth every thing looks great as it should the next step i took was to change my town/area then saved it then i went back to services set up this Teeside NTL 00010 571.000 then rebooted scanned same on every image thats new same results afer this put in service my cables xmls and scan files rebooted scanned fast on every way that way 25 transponders 50 channels the rest b . c and the ussually dead channels fast scan off 188 channels dont pick up much 60 odd most nothing but b.c ..it..v..?

bloodstone1964 said:
hi the flashing of my image to box goes smooth every thing looks great as it should the next step i took was to change my town/area then saved it then i went back to services set up this Teeside NTL 00010 571.000 then rebooted scanned same on every image thats new same results afer this put in service my cables xmls and scan files rebooted scanned fast on every way that way 25 transponders 50 channels the rest b . c and the ussually dead channels fast scan off 188 channels dont pick up much 60 odd most nothing but b.c ..it..v..?

ok so your losing channels have you tried the myservices.xml trick here http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/85664-myservices_xml_is_very_important.html

might be of interest as it does help you when losing channels as well

yido said:
Fergalsworld hi m8

i have not had much to do with enigma but the imageworks is norm for neutrino so you will have to either try it as its all fun lol
Ok m8 will do
i feel a "kein system" coming lol

there no fix he had the service file i need for my area me and him are close so his image with his service worked for me good guy solved my probs next time i wont thank him lol this is how it was solved my problem no fix just the correct service in the image ....

Back