Sat card for a pc...............is there such a thing?

GavinP

Inactive User
Reaction score
Now i have infinity at my work is it possible to get a sat card for my pc that will run cccam?

I have no idea about these things so am a complete newbie if indeed it is possible

cheers

You give no information in your post ? about your set up

If you have a PC set up as a server with ubuntu etc you will be able to run some cards with an infinity reader but using oscam or Newcamd etc

Cccam is old hat unless your just a client I think you should explain a little more what you have got and what you want to achieve...

Infinitys are not as reliable as smargos which are quite cheap to buy.

You give no information in your post ? about your set up

If you have a PC set up as a server with ubuntu etc you will be able to run some cards with an infinity reader but using oscam or Newcamd etc

Cccam is old hat unless your just a client I think you should explain a little more what you have got and what you want to achieve...

Infinitys are not as reliable as smargos which are quite cheap to buy.

He is talking about a satellite tuner card for a pc,not a card reader,

Infinity is this case means BT infinity ;)

Sent from my Xperia X10 using Tapatalk 2

He means something like this:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

You then need something like DVB Dream, Hadu and a server, but don't ask me about the intricacies of setting it up.

Last edited:
Would it not be easier to use a DM500 or any other receiver and watch it through the web interface or even through a composite input on a capture card?

that never really works that well though. The streaming that is.

I though id be able to put a sat card in the pc and do something with that.

Looks a little complicated for me though.

My first bit of sat kit was a Skystar 2 card, was a great cheap way of egtting into the sat scene (£20 second hand).

I think the likes of them still exist but you might get better results sticking a dm500 under the table stream from that to your pc. should work ok being on the same network.

There are alternatives if you are wishing to stream over the internet. Start off with looking at the Slingbox. There are many alternatives to it. Not used one , but basically you plug your kit into it that then it links into the router ( a bit of setup on the slingbox), then you use a piece of software to connect to that on your PC from where ever. You can add an app to your phone or tablet device but that costs money. The are around £120 for the SD version.

I can't stream via lan only a wan and that's pants i wanted a built into the pc solution really

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

The slingbox SD one has wifi. I was looking at one in shops over weekend around £89 and HD Pro was more than £150 but that seems bit expensive.

I think those type of streaming boxes are to expensive for what i want.

I think a sat card is a better option for what i want.

Just need to find out really if its easily possible.

and just to confirm i have c line to use already i dont want it as a server.

Last edited:
I think those type of streaming boxes are to expensive for what i want.

I think a sat card is a better option for what i want.

Just need to find out really if its easily possible.

and just to confirm i have c line to use already i dont want it as a server.

Do a google for Hadu,its a cs plugin for DVB on a pc

Back