Sand in tank!!

Utopie

Inactive User
Reaction score
We've got a Vauxhall Lpg van which has just been in the garage with engine trouble. Just been told today that it's sand in the tank and it has caused about £700 worth of damage, parts and labour. Is there anyway this has been in there since we bought it a few years back or any other way it could have got in there other than on purpose?

Just a bit of a mind bender as the cap is always locked with central locking and there is no sign of it begin forced open - don't get on with the neighbours but can't imagine they would go this far and as said, it is always locked !!!

Cant see it being someone round about you, surly you would have noticed sand on the groun or somthing

I wonder if its a station you have used recently with contaimanted fule?

Yeah, was wondering if BP had been sucking up that oil from Mexico and reselling it ;)

No, only ever use the Offical Shell garage to fill her up, but am just wondering if the previous owners could have done so and it hasn't hit until now. No idea if that is possible...

That's true, I wonder why the fuel filter didn't stop it?... It's a 2002 so assuming it has one! I think the samples of fuel are long gone mate...

yeah could just be a quidence maby he had it does to him and got the damage repaired before you bough it, do you run it on empty all the time or did you do it just before it broke or somthing?

Correction, the garage has kept a sample... Will see it tomorrow...

Back