Samsung official jelly bean galaxy S3

gsmtech

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
The official jelly bean Samsung Rom arrived for the s3 in the UK a few days ago three and Vodafone announced it. I'm on three and did a manual flash by downloading the rom and flashed it with Odin. Phone seems faster and smoother to use all my apps and data were unaffected. All good so far. Anyone else updated yet ??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Not had the chance through O2. Fookers haven't even released ICS 4.0.4 yet for my S2 while every man and their dog at my work have it! Sounds like the sooner I get Jellybean the better, but that'll be a while by the sounds of things :Angryfire

Thanks for that downloaded through my phone last night.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Just downloading the official update through kies at the moment for an unlocked s3.

I had to download the ROM seperately and then flash with ODIN. Phone said theres no updates available and Kies was saying firmware update via Kies is not supported for this device. But this was probably because I was running a Samsung Stock unbranded ROM on my phone but I left the CSC as the Three UK one, i.e: the CSC wasnt for a generic unlocked stock S3.

I had to download the ROM seperately and then flash with ODIN. Phone said theres no updates available and Kies was saying firmware update via Kies is not supported for this device. But this was probably because I was running a Samsung Stock unbranded ROM on my phone but I left the CSC as the Three UK one, i.e: the CSC wasnt for a generic unlocked stock S3.

I've only had this 2 days, guy said it was Orange but I think it could be unbranded no Orange bloat on it or anything. Anyway kies sorted out update so all fine, a bit different from the HOX I've just changed from and a long time since my GS2, all fun.

Cheers for the heads up about update anyway

had to revert back to ICS, Sky go doesn't work and that comes in handy at night in work

Same thing happened when ICS was released a lot of apps stopped working and you will have to wait for the developers to play catch up.

I've downloaded and installed the latest update through my phone from three, it was a massive update approximately 250mb, but when I check my phone is still running 4.0.4.

I've downloaded and installed the latest update through my phone from three, it was a massive update approximately 250mb, but when I check my phone is still running 4.0.4.

Have you rebooted the phone since you upgraded ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, is it because I have ICS speedmod kernel installed?

Watched it try to install today, halfway through I get a dead android with a triangle sticking out of his belly. A bit of searching I found "liquid smooth jelly bean", which installed with cwm. This is a fantastic ROM with loads of extra features.

The errors you were getting were probably due to the rooted non standard ROM you were upgrading from. I think it needs the last stock BLG revision ROM to upgrade from.

Alls good now, didn't think my s3 could get much better, how wrong was I :)

noticed yesterday on my s3 after goin to software update it was available as ota download on ee ( orange ), installed and all works fine

Back