Samsung Galaxy S2 Specs Will Blow Your Brains Out !

biffo1

Staff member
Reaction score
The current generation of smartphones – with their 1GHz processors and 512MB of RAM – are already very impressive at what they can do. But rumored specifications (along with a photo) are spreading of the next generation of Samsung’s Galaxy S smartphone – the Galaxy S2 – and its specs will. freaking. blow. your. head. off.

Samsung-Galaxy-S2-i9200.jpg

It is supposedly scheduled for release sometime in early 2011 and will supposedly have the following specifications:

A 2GHz Processor. Possibly the next-generation version of Samsung’s Hummingbird CPU.
1GB RAM along with 4GB of ROM. This is, as with the CPU, twice the magnitude of current-gen hardware.
32GB built-in flash memory. MicroSD card slot expandable to 32GB making the Galaxy S2 able to hold 64GB of data.
8 megapixel camera with full HD (1920×1080) video recording. Current-gen smartphones record video at 720p (1280×720).
A 4.3” 1280×720 Super AMOLED display
GPS, Bluetooth 3.0, b/g/n Wi-Fi, accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity / ambient light sensors.
Run on Android 3.0 “Gingerbread” While all these specifications are well and sweet, I really, honestly believe smartphone manufacturers, especially of the Android variety, should focus on increasing battery life by optimizing hardware + software instead of just blindly increasing clock speeds and doubling RAM. My HTC Desire still doesn’t last more than 15-16 hours whereas Taimur’s iPhone 4 blows past the 24 hour category without even going below 50%.

that is just mental specs, the phones are already lightning fast as it is

Hit the nail right on the head biffo1. Single most disappointing feature on my Galaxy is battery life & I ain't even a heavy user. Tried battery tweaks, extenders, boosters, task-killers etc but it's still p!sh.
Gingerbread for SGS this year hopefully, see what the fuss is about.
Wonder what the price of SGS 2 will be?
(I thought the Nokia N8 was full HD but only :)banana:) 720p)
@biffo1 thanks for the heads up
HH.

Edit to add: couldn't figure out why biffo1's user tag wasn't working, that pesky @Mick disabled it.....

Last edited:
Back