Sammy 2100 powering up...just a moment

wazp

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,
Got a sammy which never took the vermin update, it was stuck in a loop downloading update for a week. Anyhow finally decided to get it out of the cupboard and have another go. Finally got it to the powering up..just a moment screen. But no further. Everytime I poweroff and reboot it downloads the update again and eventually back to powering up. Also from boot up I can't get it into engineers mode either. Any ideas? Exc&W Thanks in advance.

BTW I have seen another post for a 4001 in powerup mode, but thats on nthell. Also does not say it has the same problems with engineers mode.. Which bits of the post below would I have to do?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what i done with two 4001 boxs that were stuck on virgin media powering up.tried everything but eventually worked it out.these boxes are supposed to set ther own net id but with the new virgin update sometimes it dosent so the box cant lock to the frequency and wont be able to boot up.so the solution is to make a net id funcard then open your 4001 box pull the red jumper for 20secs put it back in, then go to engineers menu by holding up and down on the box while powering up.then set your freq to what it should be(pure ntl 755.00)then go to page with net id (should be all stars)and put in your net id funcard.your box should then switch off to tune.if not you need to do your funcard again.after all that put your other funcard back in to box and reboot again holding up and right on the box,will prob go to tune ,but leave for a couple of hours and it should update.the only thing about this if you pull the jumper you will lose your pin access for the movies.also if you can access eng menu before you pull the jumper check that your frequency and net id are correct if your net id isnt correct use this method.if your freq and net id are correct give the box a direct feed(bypassing splitters etc ,as close to ntl connection to your house)and power up holding up and right.hope this helps someone

Last edited:
check your default freq its might not be set right try and get into eng menu though

Thanks mate,
but I cannot get into engineers menu. It comes up er:05

have you shorted battery reset net id and pin what do you get

I have shorted battery before and ended up in software update loop.

But will try it again...

have you soldered a jtag or anything if so check the points

No Maca I used a pogo jtag ages ago.

Might be goosed.

I have just tried shortening the battery, still won't go into engineers mode. Starts to update software instead...?

Last edited:
are you pressing the up down buttons and waiting till ld14 then releasing it should go in eng menu take main feed out just scart power ?

Yes mate. honestly....

still updating now. I will leave it on for a while then post back.

i know m8 not saying your not its all trail and error try this can you set your net id with ocd if so set it to 41047 then if it updates then set it back to 41060

Thanks, see what you saying. Will try with jtag....

Test the bat if thats OK try this

If its stuck on powering up, it maybe in debug mode at which point you should be able to use your jtag and drop down the samsung macro pin fix.

Not sure if it will fix your prob but hopefully if you use the full samsung macro it should replace the corruption on your box.

Then boot as normal with working pin.

Back