sammy 2100 & ocd

ade2910

Inactive User
Reaction score
ok so here is the problem there is a few of us down here on south coast in excw area that no matter what byte we use fro bke 2.2 we cannot get the correct box key from bke 2.2 after the virgin update to 3.5b so we thought we would try ocd but ..... lol no joy here as every time we try to connect we get (api 0xE1 : not yet initialised (e1 :06) anyone out there can shed any light we are running drvload in the background and the settings entered in ocd are
target processor arm
arm920t

multiple (not ticked)
connection Lpt1
ethernet address ip ad 192.168.1.222 port 1000
ocd interface
dev wiggler
baud 38400
ocd speed 1 :380 khz
start with logging on (ticked)
pop up api errors (ticked)

any input would be usefull : colors1

there most b different bytes for virgin software ..as once they are on it.. i too carnt get the ird & bk only when i downgrade to the old software i can get em

Hello Jay

How do you downgrade from 3_5b please? (I have no bk either)

Also Johnny Darko posted these bytes which i am yet to try

>byte 008abfco 8
>byte 0086b9a0 8
>byte 00f69f60 8
>
>and of course ird byte 20020004 4

And Steve_M posted this absolute pearl which was working a treat but wessex now updates to 3_5b :-(

>You can use OCD 2_4_7 (Can't upload it at moment).
>As you are area 41042 though, as soon as you enter that NetID, box will update to the >new VM firmware 3_5 and the location of the BK for ex-C&W isn't known yet.
>What you need to do is:
>
>Reset the box by shorting the battery
>
>Boot into the Eng Menu and check NetID is now 09999
>
>Use OCD to set the NetID to 41043 (Wessex)
>
>Re-boot the box. Box will now load 3_3B firmware.
>
>Use OCD again to find out your BK and IRD at the known locations for ex-C&W 3_3B
>Reset the box again and follow the above, setting NetID to 41042.

Cheers

cheers tried processor type ARM940T but still getting same results

Hi mate, donnie posted them ytes in my post. Worked a treat, i think the middle one???

What I Done:

Started MAC_MOT.sys

Poewred box and waited for ld20 to appear, held down button till ld40 appeared and let go.

Waited for power light to go green, applied JTAG (POGO)

Opened OCD with setings. ARM940T and Wiggler

Once in screen to enter BYTE, made sure i clicked STATUS at the top, i then got a message on the bottom saying: IN DEBUG

Copied BYTE from the post, pressed Enter and Voila, a BK retrieved....

Let me know if you get any trouble with this method, but i spent 2 weeks doing all sorts with different progs, and got nothing till tonight!!

I put these bytes into BKE and did not get nothing for some reason, but in OCD, i done 3 boxes today with FUN's and they all were running within 5 mins of me pluggin em in!

Back