S10 - power supply reseting issue explained - technical

Hi,
Just a quick note - I changed my SD4841 to a SD4844 and it works - my dish motor runs fine with no resets.
I was able to obtain the parts from Shenzhen Jbest Electronics Firm via alibaba.com - searched for sd4844.
My goal was to find out what happened to the design of this unit - clearly at minimum this part was changed.

This is good news. Can you put up the link where you bought it? I checked those places, see the part, but how do you order it and how much was it?

each power supply has a date of manufacture on it.
I thought I saw a picture of a power supply with the old SD4841 that was actually made after the power supply I have with the good part (09-2011) which to me makes no sense and would make it tougher for people with s10's.There would be no guarantee that a power supply made after a certain date had the correct part.

Seems the earlier S-10s shipped were better than the latter. It could be they ran out of the original design part and substituted the SD4841 to keep production going. After all look how much trouble we have had locating the SD4844.

Back