rom11 login problem

bammy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Been given a rom11 card by someone who didn't know what they were doing - they have managed to write an image to the card (but no longer have the image so can't check bd keys). When trying to read in Nagra, all I get is this:

Opening of COM1 was successful
ATR String: 3F FF 95 00 FE 91 81 61 A0 47 00 44 4F 41 53 50
31 30 31 20 52 63 76 42 30 31 49
ROM Revision: 011
EEPROM Revision: RevB01
ProviderID: 5A
CamID: AA BB CC DD
Using BD3 Key: 4E 69 70 50 45 72 20 49 73 20 61 20 62 75 54 74
Attempting to login to BD3
BD3 login failed
Reading ROM11 failed
Closing of COM1 was successful

Tried in xncs & rom studio but neither will dump the card without bd passwords.

Is there any other way into the card?

read the card in xncs you will then be able to read the bd keys

@einstein - did you not read the post !!!!

@bammy if you don't need the data from the card i would suggest that you might try mrom to restore the bd keys to nagra standard. if mrom runs it cou8rse the result should be a provider 4001 rom11 that opens in nagra no bother. obviously then you can do what you want with it.

I’m almost sure that card has some sort of blocker”! Like TWOBEERCANS said use mrom to repair card

Use this one with delays
Rx=150
Tx=50
loop=150

Yes i read the post but you should still be able to read in xncs if you go to file then settings and tick everything except install ghost you should be able to open the card and get the bd keys

Carwash - thanks, tried your version of mrom and getting the same problem as with my (earlier) version - error on string 2. Tried six times with same result.

sounds like a delay problem, delays will have to be altered as they vary from setup to setup. my pc prefers 50 10 50 and my laptop 80 0 50.
in short you will need to fiddle with the delays until you get a hit.

Can it vary from card to card? I've used MROM successfully on other cards using the delays you suggest, but this one just doesn't want to know.

carwash said:
I’m almost sure that card has some sort of blocker”! Like TWOBEERCANS said use mrom to repair card

Use this one with delays
Rx=150
Tx=50
loop=150

thanks for this car wash

sorted a couple of rom 11 with this

:Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheers:

TWOBEERCANS said:
sounds like a delay problem, delays will have to be altered as they vary from setup to setup. my pc prefers 50 10 50 and my laptop 80 0 50.
in short you will need to fiddle with the delays until you get a hit.

Well done TBC,. I have never had any success with mrom until I tried the above settings on my laptop. Worked on 2 cards first time and they are now completely restored with fresh images.

Cheers mate

Back