roadworks

malcb

Inactive User
Reaction score
this morning my partner took my son to work at 7.30 a drive that takes 5mins, she gets to the roundabout to find they have closed part of it, workmen standing around doing nothing and you have to take a 2 mile diversion just to get to the other side of the roundabout.

by 8.30 the road i live on was being used as a rat run by motorists wanting to beat the traffic jam the roadworks had caused so when i went out to take my partner to work it took me 15mins just to get out of my road then another 15mins to get her to work, this would take me 5 mins on a normal day.

when i got to the roundabout there was still no work done, a few workmen standing around chatting.

what idiot decides on closing part of a major roundabout for 3 fooking weeks causing chaos for many motorists

I know what you mean, in the middle of Edinburgh at the moment its a nightmare for motorists and pedestrians.

yes malcb, i agree, these type of road repairs can much more easily be done during nightshift when theres hardly any traffic, theres plenty workforce out there willing to do nightshift etc, so i dont see why it should be a problem, unless of course there was houses next to the roadworks and keeping people awake at night, thats a different story.

at the end of the day though, one way or the other the work needs done.

Back