REQ: Eurovox-max flashdump.

I have erased and repaired clones with skymax 2 and the same tsop file on this thread no problem but when trying to fix an original box stuck in stanby I can erase ok but get the same error message when trying to write is the problem not the tsop here is to fix clones and to fix original max you need an original file ,unforntunatly I don't have an original working bluemax to copy chip from but jkeys could read it and save .
alex

ive found an defs update for jkeys, its got a few extra flash models

its got this in there, i dont know if its what your after

Flash, 11, "28F160", 0xd0, 0x200000, 1, 1, 0, 2, 32, 1
Sector, 11, 32, 0, 0x10000

also, if you have the unbuffered jtag they reccommend the length must be no bigger than 3'' inches, stupidly short but thats the way it is.

no good, that's not for the TE series chip.
i had that :)

I have erased and repaired clones with skymax 2 and the same tsop file on this thread no problem but when trying to fix an original box stuck in stanby I can erase ok but get the same error message when trying to write is the problem not the tsop here is to fix clones and to fix original max you need an original file ,unforntunatly I don't have an original working bluemax to copy chip from but jkeys could read it and save .
alex

wrong, it has nothing to do with the dump.

jtag will write anything, you could even write an mp3 file if you wanted.

the problem is the model of flashchip used - the jtag software doesnt have a library for how to write to it.
on reading the datasheet i'm not surprised - that chip is an overcomplex pile of crap.
i'm half tempted to just replace it with an amd or fujitsu chip from my spares-box.

alex

I have the same problem but I think it is because the clones don't have the same intel chip.

the problem is the model of flashchip used - the jtag software doesnt have a library for how to write to it.
on reading the datasheet i'm not surprised - that chip is an overcomplex pile of crap.
i'm half tempted to just replace it with an amd or fujitsu chip from my spares-box.

I was thinking of replacing the chip too but I don't know where to get a new chip and which one to get. Can you help?

the tsop file was made to fix clones ,i use skymax 2 to write to clones and works everytime ,jtag won't write to clones only read memory .
I am using tmc's jtag for max

We could try an uncloned box, but the real problem is where do we get the flash dump from

We could try an uncloned box, but the real problem is where do we get the flash dump from

irelevent, you either need a jtag software that will write a TE28F160 or you need to take the box to someone with hot-air and a tsop programmer.

like i said, maybe oc-demon will do it.

does anyone know what Flash Chips are common to eurovox

a. blue-box Original unit

b. blue-box Clone unit

c. Red-box Original unit

d. Red-box Clone unit (if red clones exist of course)

e. older units, pre max

i have an original blue and it uses an Intel TE28F160c3

once it's fixed it's gone - i'm selling it and never touching anything but a dreambox or dbox2 again - you get what you pay for.

i'll now get flamed by all the importers/dealers in these nightmares, but i dont care.
i'm telling it like it is.

Hello peeps, been playing around with these for a day or two and here is my findings:-

Firstly, I don't believe either of the boxes I have are "clones" as they are both around 1 year old. So although it (the jtag) may work fine on those I cannot verify it :(

Secondly, the flash chips inside my boxes both begin with the letters JS and not TE...not sure of the difference personally.

When trying to flash the faulty box, which shows no signs of life but power supply is proven to be OK, it allows me to see the chip, with both jkeys and skymax but it errors with the usual code ending in 100. With jkeys I am able to see the device and its ID but still cannot download into it, yet I can download from it. The resulting file is 2 mb.

I have also downloaded the mem dump from my working box and tried to install that in the faulty one...to no avail :(

So my question is...do the jtags not work with the so called "original" boxes only because of the software supplied? I know that they were intended for the clones, so there is no worries there, and there is also the possibility that something else is at fault, but I like messing with stuff and thought I may be able to resurrect a faulty original too. Tried to download the oc demon software but there are no apparent "fully working" variants out there (torrents, etc.) Will check on newsgroups later. Don't know if its possible to edit the jkeys.DEF file? I suspect expert knowledge of the chip layout and timings may be required :(

Would be interested in knowing the id's and whereabouts of some replacement chips to see whether its worth buying a suitable willem and finding someone local who could do the swap for me. Thanks for any help, Chris.

read my posts, the jtag problem is caused by the type of chip used, that's all.
all chips read the same - that's why you could dump the flash,
but to write a flash you need a sector-map & some other data - that is missing for the intel chip.

Hello mask, I have read all the posts but I guess I just wanted it confirmed, that is all :)

Do you know of a suitable replacement chip that can be got readily and programmed with a suitable willem programmer? Any info would be greatly appreciated, Chris.

it would need to be recognised by the firmware so it can write the chanel list,
so we need to wait to hear what's in the others (red/clone)

i'm not sure about using a willem as these are 3.3v chips, not 5v.
can willem handle low voltage chips?

the ideal thing would be if the box could use AMD 29lv160 - they are easy to get & cheap.

my chip is JS28F160 and I cant write flash to it using tmc buffered jtag

Is this not possible with this chip?

my chip is JS28F160 and I cant write flash to it using tmc buffered jtag

Is this not possible with this chip?

Hello madmuppet, it would appear that the thing which is stopping us writing to these chips, in the original boxes, is the software we are using as opposed to the jtag.

Hopefully, there will be some other software out there, or someone who knows how to mod a current version to work with the JS series chips, so it can be used on an original too :) Chris.

I hope someone can mod software too or its dead as a dodo and money wasted on jtag also :(

were do you connect the jtag 2 ?? ive searced the forum for info but cant seem to find it

you cant miss it, it's a gold strip of pins at the front-center of the pcb.
there is a push-button behind it.

Back