replacing xbox 360 phat hard drive

dbspider

Member ++
Reaction score
can any one tell me is it only WD hdd that can be used to replace the hard drives ? at moment i have a samsung and a seagate are any of these of any use on an old phat xbox with the gray casing that plugs into the top

can any one tell me is it only WD hdd that can be used to replace the hard drives ? at moment i have a samsung and a seagate are any of these of any use on an old phat xbox with the gray casing that plugs into the top

I jut use an external hdd as my xbox one

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

a wide range on WD hard drives are supported, more than any other make of hard drive.

Go for a WD if you want to rewrite the HDSS.Bin

follow guide the posts above say with the 2 drives you have spare and if they dont work buy a new one but as also said u could use an external

One thing to bare in mind is MS limit the size usage of external media (USB/HDD) etc, so don't expect a 1tb drive to work fully on a retail console

Also actual retail MS hdd's if formatted to fat 32/ntfs can't be formatted back unless of the type supported by hddhackr which I found out to my own peril :/

Needed a temp hdd to copy files and used my 360 one. Ended up putting it in my ps3 so noy all was lost

Back