Relook

bigboris

Inactive User
Reaction score
This may be of interest ,i dont know if its been posted before? you may have to register , but have a look www. denktenk.com
Regards Boris

Relook Revise

Posted a few months ago about the relook , if you look on e*ay these seem to be at good prices from usa ,read someware else on here probably in dreambox section its been noted about these ,i was wondering if anyones running one and if any good (complicated?????)

most that have a relook put firmware on it to make it basically the same as a dreambox, then it gets the same benefits :). I dont use one but they are very popular, its no harder or easier to set up than a dreambox.
Be careful with stuff imported in from the usa, as even if the seller puts it as a gift you still sometimes get the import duty to pay, and if its put down as zero value then if it went missing in post you'd get zero compensation. Sometimes its worth a risk, but what if there is damage or warranty issue, it also can be costly. Many people import without problem from outside the EU, but i'm just saying be cautious.
Regards.

Appreciate the advice & thanks for the reply just been looking around for info on them , seem to be alike then to 500s
Regards Boris

I played with the relook 400 last week and Ive gotta say it's a monster.

The 400 is more comparable to the 7025 as it has the dual tuner facility, and the price is fantastic when the 2 are compared.

As Pink says, the 200 is basically the budget version to accommodate the success of the 500s, relook want a piece of that pie . . expect to see a huge influx on linux based receivers over the course of this year, I can see Technomate using their brand power to release a budget linux box very soon also.

Exciting times ahead, plenty of new toys to play with.

Last edited:
info

Yea thanks for the info ,im just advertising some stuff on ebay and when sold i think im going to get one and get back into sats, still got the motorised 1.2 in the garden so its looks like getting a twirl (need to set up again on south i think its moved a bit in winds)
Regards Boris

I have got one of the US 200s comming £65 inc postage, looking forward to getting it set up. Not sure if you can stream via the lan port yet info is a bit scarse on this but I have a couple of images ready to try out.

Frenchman

thats good to hear Frenchman, be nice if you would stick around and let us know how you get on with the receiver, we need some members with Relooks :).
You should be able to stream by wired lan using vlc software, or you should be able to 'mount' a remote pc drive for recording. One step at a time though.
Regards.

I have got one of the US 200s comming £65 inc postage, looking forward to getting it set up. Not sure if you can stream via the lan port yet info is a bit scarse on this but I have a couple of images ready to try out.

Frenchman

Here is a guide i found it may come in usefull

Update

Got a relook from usa, total cost £71-99 seen them go the other day on ebay for as little as £34-00 +pp exellent delivery with tracking number ,
Anyone contemplating one , i think its a good buy ,the only thing is to get it up and running,they come in ntsc, so first you have to put a pal image on then scan a sattelite,they take alot of time if you are not used to them, (This is so in my case) info on these seems to be a bit rare, its there on the dentent site but requires a lot of patience the only thing is no scarts on the back , just phono but no problem , they work on 240v and the clock is by satellite if you select manual it does not keep correct time due to 60htz
However once up and running its agood piece of kit,

just be careful, if you look on relook website it tell you they have dumped a load in the usa that have no scart and a 120 volt power pack, and they will work for a while but they will burn out or catch fire. as for be pal that is not a problem, just change the image.

but please make sure you get one with a 240 volt power supply or get a 240 to 110 volt dropper.`

This was posted on Dudez.

I asked my e**y supplier in the USA (Advancesat) about what was just posted and this is what they came back with:

You can go to DGSTATIONUSA.C*M and it is our website these receivers are
purchased directly from Dgstation and are the same with the exception of
software that you can change to PAL without any problem by downloading image
from dgstation Korea. We have sold many of these to customers in Europe
without any problem and otherwise we would have had problem if these did not
work. We were the sole North American authorized distributor for DGStation
product and they stopped supporting USA market so we are liquidating there
product at our cost and off-course they do not want us to do that. This
receiver is tested here with 240V and will work fine there no need to buy
transformer. This is also noted in the manual on page 10. Also these are not
clones because commonsense tell us that clone of any product is only
produced is case there is a very high demand and as you can see DGStation
products are not selling like hotcakes wish they did so will not have to
take loss or sell them at our cost. The statement regarding PAL is false as
we have several customers using these in Europe.
I would also like you to post my full response on the same forum because
DGStation owes us over $50000.00 in losses and they are one of the worst
company we have ever worked with now they are trying to stop us from
liquidating our remaining product at cheap price by lying to there customers
that these don't work in Europe. So you can from other customers that are
using our product that it works fine and who is lying. Another reason that
who is lying not us it is DGStation because on the box it says 110V but our
test by electrical engineer shows that they are rated 240V.
Regards

hi all, i have had a 400 for about 2 years now and i am quite up2date with the progress on relooks, i would have to say that if was going to do it all again i would stay clear of relooks especially the 400. it still has major issues with the DGS firmware with dual decoding and pixalation with recordings after the 2 years ive had it. DGS support is very poor and the only reason the software runs accetably now is due to major work by private teams, which can mean some time for bug fixes. take for example a new feature just released by DGS, 'IP channel' which allows streaming to your pc and vise versa. they have released it in there offical images and it dosent even work??? from what i can make out at the moment is that DGS has stopped development on V2 firmware and have farmed it out to the NUEMO team while they devolpe new V5 firmware for the new HD recivers 'CUBA REVO' and 'CUBA REVO mini'. you can use ENIGMA based images on the 400 but that limits you to 1 tuner only, effectivly making it a DB7000, it still has various bugs due to the fact that the ENIGMA images use old drivers and have not had any major work done on them since they were made compatible for relook, and there will be no possiballity of making ENIGMA 1 work for dual tuners at all. ENIGMA 2 will not work on 400 either due to it being writen for 2 demux devices and 400 only has 1 (400 uses special filters to filter the signal from both tuners through the demux). but basically i would say its a bug ridden machine that dosent work 100% all of the time. theres always something going wrong!!!

now the 200 is not so bad for the price, you still have the same problems as the 400 if you use DGS images but you can also ENIGMA based images on it, effectivly making it a DB500 maybe not as good but you get all the benifits of the DB scene. i think an even better choise would be the 'CUBA CAFE PRIME'. its a 200 but with HDD support so its a DB7000/7020.

400-200

Looking at the above post seems interesting, not had mine long enough to tell .im running highlander 2.14 and seems to be ok, with flashing image by flashtool i was wondering if anyone has tried using dreamup with the relook and if it works? all other things tend to work when loading from -dreambox areas of interest,,,,,
However looking around at the prices now for the 500s, it seems prices are lowering and more support for it ,

Back