Relook 400s or Dreambox 7025

max2

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi i have £500 to spend on a PVR, which PVR would you buy the Relook 400s or Dreambox 7025?

Thanks

id go for the dreambox as it has a lot more support than the relook, also has interchangeable tuner modules if you wanted any 2 sat/cable/terr all in one box

id go for the dreambox as it has a lot more support than the relook, also has interchangeable tuner modules if you wanted any 2 sat/cable/terr all in one box

Thanks for your reply, i'll be buying the dreambox, I was told that the DM-8000 will be out soon is it worth waitng for this PVR or should I go for the DM-7025.

I heard the DM-8000 won't be out till next year due to hd licensing (?)

I would recommend the 'black pearl' released by satkings

it supports a hdd upto 500gb, has one of the best tuners, fully autorolling keys about and the price is below £200

>>link to forum removed, use pm's please<<

hope that helps

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard the DM-8000 won't be out till next year due to hd licensing (?)

I would recommend the 'black pearl' released by satkings

it supports a hdd upto 500gb, has one of the best tuners, fully autorolling keys about and the price is below £200

>>link to forum removed, use pm's please<<

hope that helps

As far as I can see that's just a DM600C that supports an external harddrive. Does it have any advantages in terms of satellite reception?

I have a relook 400s but don't have a 7025 so I can't compare. Tried running enigma on the relook and all I can say is that the relook 400s with the dgs based s/w has a much better time shifting functionality than with enigma.

As the 7025 also uses a different cpu, not all the emu and images have support for the 7025.

Agree with the above, I have a 7025, I think it is fantastic but not that many good images around!

it realy depends on how long you want to keep the sat box before upgrading if thats the case....

i have a relook 400 and have had it for a while and have quite a good uderstanding of it. however i have no experiance with the dreambox.

if you want to keep the box for a while get the dreambox, support will continue for a good while and will only get better because it is a dreambox. i have to admit tho that the lack of timeshift would be an issue for me!!

if you plan to upgrade to a HD unit when they come out then get a cheep relook 400 off ebay, its cheap in price but not hardware. the only thing that lets it down is DGS the company that make them. dont get me wrong it works but it seems that the only software progress come from private teams, however what has come from those private individuals is very good and make the relook an option.the timeshift function is also an advantage.

the 400 is not for the faint hearted, the software (OSD) at best is similer to enigma, but thats where the similiates end. no plugins like enigma or very few!! a basic understanding of linux is essential to make the most out of it tho

500s best box out there! (for the money) :) if you setup pc h/drive as you dont need more than 2 cams or 2 images :)

If you want the best dreambox imo then grab the 7020, more support than the 7025 albeit single tuner.

Back