Reducing a digital photo

Gary Jackson

Inactive User
Reaction score
Dont know if i posted on the right area,but this is new to me....

I have taken some pic's with my digital camera and want to reduce the size of them to upload to my 50 megs site.Currently when i do this my 50 megs site says the pic is too big and have to reduce it to make it upload!!!.....anyone know how i do this?

My m8 says I have to use microsoft photo editor,but havent a clue how to use it.......I have tried but the photo will not reduce...must be pressing the wrong buttons....

any help is much appreciated.

Gary

I am using ACDSEE 4.0 ...there is a button called convert to JPG (for making the mb size to kb size) and rezise (for making the pic smaller).
So have a look at converting and resizing.
You can also change the size direct at your digicam.

Cheers Angel !

Not sure about your software (I use PhotShop) but if you open the image in your software and look along top for 'image' (File - Edit - Image), you might find within the image drop down box a mention of 'image size' (or something similar) just select that and then enter the size you want the image to be (first check and reduce dpi, no more than 100dpi required if for web site ... this will reduce size but you may have to further reduce size by giving actual size required)

Try reducing dpi first and uploading if still refuses to upload then go through same process but alter the actual size.

Note: if you alter size or dpi then image may not be suitable if you were wanting to print the image so keep a copy of original.

Hope that helps.

nice easy way open them up in paint and save them as a .gif
gif is the smallest you can get them;)

I use photoshop go to image/ image resize/ put in 72dpi in jpeg(jpg) dont put it in gif .... you will loose your resolution
Websites will only take 72dpi
Hope this helps

Qai m8 ......

can you tell me where i can download this program..........and crack(if required)......
I have tried the adobe site,but it says its only a patch for existing customers........hmmm

thanks....

Gary

only found phtoshop 6.0
[DLMURL="http://download.gotonet.com.cn/pub/game/ps60.zip"]adobe photoshop 6.0.zip[/DLMURL]

arround: 105 MB

Cheers Angel !

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the replies guy's........and Jana......

Davidh has sorted out photoshop V7.0 for me.....:Clap:

Gary

Jock, did you workout how to reduce the size yet :confused:

If you are still having trouble send me the picture and I will do it for you.

Do you want it made bigger or smaller :confused:

Your wife said it could not get any smaller :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

LOL

Back