Recording problems on TM-6900 super

suki

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone been having any recording issues with the TM-6900 super?

I've had 2 problems this week - a few days ago a recording wouldn't play and showed up as a zero byte file on my pc. Also yesterday I recorded something from BBC HD and I was in the house long enough to see it cut in, but when I came to play it later - no recording and no corresponding folder when I connected the drive to my pc!

The first problem sounds like the recorded file wasn't closed properly at the end, but the second suggests that the TM actually zapped the recording after finishing! Unfortunately the TM doesn't save any logs if it has a problem.

I'm using a Samsung HM160HI in a USB caddy which reports no errors with scandisk or chkdsk (although I am reformatting it before my next recording just in case). I've had no problems with this drive or setup until now and have not recently installed any updates (my TM currently with 6.72p firmware).

One other point (which is probably not likely to be relevant), I manually stopped another recording which did cut in and record okay several hours AFTER my BBC HD program. Could manually stopping a program cause a confused TM to delete an earlier program? Could the TM have used the same folder name as an earlier program and so overwrite it with a new recording?

Hi.My advice is to upgrade the box with the latest patch for your box.It should work without problems.

I think there is an issue with the latest patch and s*y cards. This problem has only just started although I haven't patched recently.

Most recent on this site is 6.79 (see first entry in link). This site is very hot on new releases so I doubt there is anything newer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Read this from Technomate site:

HDD Recommendations for TM-6000 HD series
29th July 2008
1- Best without the requirement to format the HDD, Connect and Play:
Freecom 120/160/250 GB (does not require power supply, it is USB powered)

2- Western Digital HDD's need to be formatted to FAT 32. Follow the instructions in the Support page. The Passport series do not require a power supply. The same applies to mains powered HDDs in Caddy Cases.

My only problem is playing back on technomate. I can connect to my pC and play the file. Any suggestions??

I use an old 250GB IDE Hitachi drive in a USB caddy and I had no problems whatsoever with recording and playback.

Back