record to usb

edogg

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi is it possible to record to a usb stick or do i have to install an internal hard drive

yes mate you can record on usb what image you using you set the Recordings Paths to usb​

yes mate you can record on usb what image you using you set the Recordings Paths to usb​

I haven't got the box yet just ordered it and I have a 32gb usb stick not doing anything so I will be using vix when it comes as I am used to that on my duo which i will be selling

As said above you just just the config to point the recording path to the usb, normally /media/usb but and it does depend on how you intend to use the box, 32gb is quite small. You can use it as a stop gap but you can pick up 2.5" laptop drives pretty cheaply these days.

as said its better to have a 64gb or more but by then you may as well put in a cheap hard drive.
it works out that 1 hour of HD recording is 5GB of storage mate plus then any other data like epg or have some movies on there like i do...
i convert movies to MKV format and just FTP to hard drive then they are always there...
A little off topic but just thinking aloud...

i convert movies to MKV format and just FTP to hard drive then they are always there...

i just stream from the net to my box
or download straight to my box hdd

I've got a 2tb external portable drive plugged in via usb which has all my films and TV series on. Also have an internal 500gb drive for recordings.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

yes very handy to store all your films..i have about 5 or 6 of the most recent on my SSD for when there is nothing on the TV to watch or to have a nice cozy night...which is becoming quite often nowadays

thanks for all the suggestions as I dont actually do much recording thanks to the amount of repeated programming and downloading anything else I want it is just for if i miss something and once I have watched most movies I delete them I also have a raspberry with a 250gb networked drive so plenty of options for storage

Back