Rangers v Chelsea

In first half it was both 2 full strength teams and was pretty even in 2nd half both made alot of changes (about 6 or 7 each) and Rangers had better of the chances.

2 great goals (Sebo was deflected tho) and Rangers deserved the win :)

Dose anyone know if there is a recording of the match i.e. a downloadable torrent file share etc please

MON THE GERS: whip : Chelsea's a55

Looks like Walters put together not a bad squad. They certainly matched Chelsea in all depts. I know its only preseason but try telling the players that.
Lets hope we have a better season this term.

Nacho Novo and Filip Sebo cracked in late goals to give Rangers a win over Chelsea in their Ibrox friendly.
The runners-up from Scotland and England last season put on an entertaining show, full of good chances and a few crunching tackles.

Novo found the net via a post on 86 minutes with wonderful strike from 20 yards after good work from Chris Burke.

A minute later, Sebo made up for an earlier glaring miss with a deflected strike from similar range.

The win sets Rangers up perfectly for the first leg of their Champions League second-round qualifier against FK Zeta on Tuesday.

Both sides made eight substitutions during the game but the game managed to flow more than most pre-season games.

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba flashed a header across the face of goal and past the upright and his new team-mate Florent Malouda tried his luck with a long range strike in the first half

Sebo, a much-maligned figure last season, somehow then managed to mis-kick in front of goal from eight yards.

Rangers defender Carlos Cuellar did well to block a point-blank shot from Claudio Pizarro on the line before the new Chelsea recruit tested Roy Carroll with a stinging effort.

Rangers finished strongly and a surging run from Burke set up Novo for his impressive strike.

Sebo then sent Ibrox into raptures with a thunderous effort, albeit one which took a big deflection.

an excellent review m8,

cmon the gers

: colors1

: party :I watched the game on Rangers tv and must say it was a good game.Both fielded strong teams and both were attempting to win, Rangers matched Chelsea and even got two good goals, Rangers fans should take alot of confidence out of this Rangers performance even though it was a pre-season friendly.: party :

I didn't see the game but I'm kinda glad Rangers won (I'm a celtic fan) coz after that embarrassment the other night from Celtic it made the Scottish league look attrocious.

Well done The Rangers Football Club PLC

;)

A very good result but also a very good friendly match, was enjoyable to watch, even when it was 0-0.

certainly a good result , but no teams gonna unleash their best 11 untill it counts, not long now then the real test begins !!!

Back