Rangers FC Thread

"THIS might not have been an SPL fixture, nor was it a game which determines anything will be won this season, but for Rangers fans it was about just one thing: retribution.

"retribution, not fair.

Rab, fair play to Rangers last night mate in the way they beat my team 2-0. But, what people need to remember is that OK Rangers are in the 3rd Division due to the fact the club in a lot of opinions did wrong and are paying the price for it. Just because it was Rangers why did a lot of people think that the newco should just walk into the SPL or 1st division unchallenged? But, after watching the game last night what I can see is that it Rangers are still a strong team regardless of who you have in it. They are basically a SPL team playing in the 3rd division which still pull in the crowds of old.

To say it was retribution is a bit hard mate, and in my opinion only, Rangers and fans would have done it to any of the other SPL clubs too if the boot had been on the other foot. If this had been the ordinary working man he would be in jail by now. You can't do what your club did and hope to get away with it.

Please don't take this as a nasty look at your club mate, it isn't, it's just the view of many a fan who pay their hard earned cash at these games. Now a days the "big teams" can't just walk on a park and win a game the "wee teams" like Motherwell are now standing up to them as the cash that "big teams" once had is no longer available.

It was easy for the 9 in a row era as money ruled the SPL as to which of the Glasgow 2 would win the league. They had the cash to buy who ever they wanted especially players from other SPL teams BUT then turned round at times and said that there was no competition in Scotland, well to many it was their fault and pulling power that made the "lack of competition" happen. You weaken a team/s means you weaken the league as the "wee teams" didn't have the cash to buy in more decent players.

Our defeat last night just means we have time to concentrate on holding onto our top of the league position and hopefully being there at the end of the season too.

Please don't read this as a hatred scripted post it is only MY opinion as to what has rocked Scottish football.. and I would have said it to any other team support too.

Scotty

Last edited:
I never typed it, it was a copy and paste job...

maybe here was a little retribution for the fans

WV40-Rangers-v-Mwell.jpg

27wt7vk.jpg

BBC Complaint Lodged

beded5272d48bc02bc6b093086c287c2_XL.jpg

RANGERS Football Club has lodged a formal complaint with the BBC following what it regards as a tasteless opening title sequence for last night’s live League Cup TV coverage.

The Light Blues have today been inundated with emails and phone calls from supporters who are – rightly, in our opinion - furious with the way the programme began.

It started with an animated montage which depicted a Rangers official, clearly manager Ally McCoist, falling from an office window at Ibrox and smashing a club crest.

The incident follows a discussion on BBC Radio Scotland show Off The Ball on Saturday entitled ‘Super Ally or Fat Sally’, which questioned whether fans still backed McCoist.

While the manager is known for his good sense of humour, he is both angry and disgusted by the BBC’s treatment both of him personally and of the club.

As such, Rangers have made contact with the BBC this morning asking why they have chosen to act in such a manner and we await their response.

I never typed it, it was a copy and paste job...

maybe here was a little retribution for the fans

WV40-Rangers-v-Mwell.jpg

27wt7vk.jpg

Lol, yeh but that lot are full of 5yr olds who don't realise that the euro trip was just a week-end away like all us die hards knew we wouldn't be in it too long lol

VID HEAR

http://telly.com/F9J36

BBC Complaint Lodged

beded5272d48bc02bc6b093086c287c2_XL.jpg

RANGERS Football Club has lodged a formal complaint with the BBC following what it regards as a tasteless opening title sequence for last night’s live League Cup TV coverage.

The Light Blues have today been inundated with emails and phone calls from supporters who are – rightly, in our opinion - furious with the way the programme began.

It started with an animated montage which depicted a Rangers official, clearly manager Ally McCoist, falling from an office window at Ibrox and smashing a club crest.

The incident follows a discussion on BBC Radio Scotland show Off The Ball on Saturday entitled ‘Super Ally or Fat Sally’, which questioned whether fans still backed McCoist.

While the manager is known for his good sense of humour, he is both angry and disgusted by the BBC’s treatment both of him personally and of the club.

As such, Rangers have made contact with the BBC this morning asking why they have chosen to act in such a manner and we await their response.

Last edited:
Baker hides Scottish Cup tie tickets for Rangers game in prized pies
Prized pies: A Forres baker is offering patrons the chance to win 'Golden Tickets'.Macleans Bakery

Moray-based baker hopes to boost his sale after being inspired by Willy Wonka's 'Golden Tickets'.

A baker has devised a novel scheme to boost his sales and offer some sought after tickets for the Scottish Cup tie against Rangers this weekend.

Lewis Maclean is inserting a "Golden Ticket" in two of his Scotch pies on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, which will allow six of his customers to watch Forres Mechanics take part in the biggest match in their history when they welcome Ally McCoist's side to Mosset Park on Saturday.

The Forres-based baker dreamed up the idea after reading Roald Dahl's book, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and it has already proved a hit with residents.

Not that Maclean's products need any hard sell, given that he is a former world champion in the competitive field of pie manufacturing and will be hoping that the Highland League side can show equal quality when they attempt to create history in the Cup.

The Highland Bakery owner said: "It's a champion pie and we are giving customers the chance to win tickets for what should be a champion match.

"We usually sell around a couple of hundred Scotch pies every day, so the odds are better than the lottery. And with the match being a sell-out, this is a good way to win a ticket.

"There is a lot of interest in this game, for obvious reasons, and the community is buzzing about the Scottish Cup. That is why we came up with the "Willy Wonka" pie. It has got people talking and it has definitely helped to generate a positive atmosphere about the place."

Forres are known as the "Can-Cans" and were formed in 1884.

Guys anyone know of any links to the game? At the game last night but would like to watch again if possible. Not on iplayer.

Thanks in advance.

LORD NIMMO SMITH CAN HELP RANGERS BEAT SFA AND SPL IN COURT

RANGERS look sure fire winners should they decide to take the Scottish Football Association and the Scottish Premier League to court to force them to pay the £1.64M they owe the club.

The Court of Session is where Rangers should make the Scottish Football Association and the Scottish Premier League answer the charges that they have wronged Rangers and robbed Rangers.

It is where Rangers can hand the SFA and the SPL humiliating defeats and destroy their power.

For Rangers will be able to call on the opinion of one of Scotland’s most learned High Court Judges, Lord Nimmo Smith, to back them in a Court of Session action against Stewart Regan and Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell’s Scottish Football Association and Neil Doncaster and Celtic director Eric Riley’s Scottish Premier League.

Which is why Rangers should move right now and raise an action against SFA top man and Peter Lawwell’s pal, Stewart Regan, along with SPL head honcho Neil Doncaster, who is, of course, another close confidant of Celtic chief executive.

Charles Green has spoken out often enough about how both Stewart Regan at the Scottish Football Association and Neil Doncaster at the Scottish Premier League want to treat Rangers as Newco when it suits them, but also recognise them as Oldco when it suits them.

And of course it seems to many that it only suits Regan and the SFA to recognise Rangers as Oldco when that means they can attack Rangers and try to do them damage, but then treat Rangers as Newco when they see another opportunity to put the boot in.

This is a point which has already been made about a vindictive looking witch hunt designed to rob – there is no other word for what Neil Doncaster’s SPL wants to do – Rangers of titles won fairly and squarely on the park during campaigns in which Rangers proved they were the best team in Scotland.

But now, before the Doncaster-Riley SPL even get to that, the Scottish Football Association of Stewart Regan and Peter Lawwell want to rob Rangers of hard cash.

While the Scottish Premier League of Neil Doncaster and Peter Lawwell’s £250-000-a-year-lackey, Eric Riley also want to commit robbery on Rangers and deny them dough.

For according to Neil Doncaster and Eric Riley’s SPL, the £1.4M in prize money due to Rangers, was owed to the Oldco, so the Newco has no right to it.

While Stewart Regan and Peter Lawwell’s Scottish Football Association have wilfully denied Rangers £240,000 from UEFA, which was sent by UEFA to the SFA, to be forwarded to Rangers.

Regan and Lawwell’s SFA have used the same argument to deny Rangers this UEFA money as the SPL have used to deny Rangers the prize money the club is legally entitled to.

I say legally entitled to, based on what Lord Nimmo Smith has made public. That is, as far as footballing matters are concerned, his learned legal judgment is that there is no Oldco Rangers or Newco Rangers.

Just Rangers!

Therefore, Neil Doncaster and Celtic director Eric Riley’s Scottish Premier League legally owe Rangers £1.4M.

Lord Nimmo Smith says so.

And Stewart Regan and Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell’s Scottish Football Association owe Rangers £240,000.

Lord Nimmo Smith says so.

Of course Neil Doncaster and Celtic director Eric Riley’s Scottish Premier League have given every indication that they believe they are above the law.

So too have Stewart Regan and Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell’s Scottish Football Association.

But Lord Nimmo Smith has spoken.

And Rangers should use what Lord Nimmo Smith has said as the cornerstone for launching an action against Stewart Regan and Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell’s Scottish Football Association and against Neil Doncaster and Celtic director Eric Riley’s Scottish Premier League.

For could there possibly be a better expert witness to testify regarding Rangers status, than that most learned High Court Judge, Lord Nimmo Smith?

you's certainly weren't in it on wednesday night. lol

hope yous do us a turn against the manky mob.

what did we sow mate ?
you have lost me hear
rangers had 20 mil debt when the coont craig shite took over, rangers could have managed that.
craig shite did not pay the tax and ni he robbed rangers, he is now under investigation and you say we reap what we sow.
think you will find hearts have more debt just now than rangers had, what is being done ?
and dont give me but yous lived out with your means yous cheated with getting players yous could not afford, look and any team in any league and i think you will find this
you only have to look back to 2002 to see your club Motherwell went tits up and it took yous 2 years to come out the other side.

You sowed and you certainly did Reap! Bad seeds

Least we're still in it (legally) and so far sitting high!

In April 2002, chairman John Boyle took the decision to call in administrator PKF to sort out the club, which was losing £2m a year under a huge wage bill which Boyle had sanctioned in the hope of competing against the big two of Rangers and Celtic.

It was a time of turmoil for fans and players as 19 of the on-field staff were laid off while administrator Bryan Jackson got to work on restoring the finances of the historic Lanarkshire club. Chief executive Pat Nevin and manager Eric Black left Well of their own volition and suddenly the side was faced with a future under rookie boss Terry Butcher and a crop of untested kids.

Fan Andrew Moir recalls the period vividly, and believes it has shaped the fans' relationship with the club forever.

Andrew said: “When something has been there your whole life, it's so easy to take it for granted. Motherwell FC is one of those things.

“Administration changed the way I saw the club and what it meant to me in my life. A club is more than a stadium and players, it represents a connection to something. My father took me to see Motherwell, just as his father had taken him. Football support is a tie that always reminds you where you come from.

“From being pretty a pretty uninterested casual fan, from the day administration was announced I attended every match and my dad bought us both season tickets which we have held ever since.”

Last edited:
you's certainly weren't in it on wednesday night. lol

We certainly weren't mate just like any other time we visit Ibrox. A lot of fans are now thinking that the team are told to hold back against Rangers because 2 of our Managers were rangers players. Butch/ and now McCall, even last night on stv news McCall was asked if he tells the team to hold back against Rangers. Personally I can't see it being true mate. The last victories I can remember at Ibrox were the when Bobby Russell broke free and scored the winner then Owen Coyle spoiled your party too. That's when we had a half decent team. Now, we just seem to be overwhelmed when we go there. Reasons............I haven't a clue!!!!

hope yous do us a turn against the manky mob.

I hope we beat them too mate but how would it be a "turn" for Rangers if we do?

what did we sow mate ?
you have lost me hear

rangers had 20 mil debt when the coont craig shite took over, rangers could have managed that.
craig shite did not pay the tax and ni he robbed rangers, he is now under investigation and you say we reap what we sow.
think you will find hearts have more debt just now than rangers had, what is being done ?
and dont give me but yous lived out with your means yous cheated with getting players yous could not afford, look and any team in any league and i think you will find this
you only have to look back to 2002 to see your club Motherwell went tits up and it took yous 2 years to come out the other side.

In April 2002, chairman John Boyle took the decision to call in administrator PKF to sort out the club, which was losing £2m a year under a huge wage bill which Boyle had sanctioned in the hope of competing against the big two of Rangers and Celtic.

It was a time of turmoil for fans and players as 19 of the on-field staff were laid off while administrator Bryan Jackson got to work on restoring the finances of the historic Lanarkshire club. Chief executive Pat Nevin and manager Eric Black left Well of their own volition and suddenly the side was faced with a future under rookie boss Terry Butcher and a crop of untested kids.

Fan Andrew Moir recalls the period vividly, and believes it has shaped the fans' relationship with the club forever.

Andrew said: “When something has been there your whole life, it's so easy to take it for granted. Motherwell FC is one of those things.

“Administration changed the way I saw the club and what it meant to me in my life. A club is more than a stadium and players, it represents a connection to something. My father took me to see Motherwell, just as his father had taken him. Football support is a tie that always reminds you where you come from.

“From being pretty a pretty uninterested casual fan, from the day administration was announced I attended every match and my dad bought us both season tickets which we have held ever since.”

Like every other club you planned into the future with big name players, big investments, living way too far outside your means. Stories were rife about Whyte before he took over at Ibrox so why wasn't it investigated by the inner working of Ibrox before you handed him the front door keys? This trouble is way more deeper than just him mate, Murray has a lot of questions to answer with what he was up to in the background, no doubt feeding his own bank balances.. As does Boyle at the time he nearly fooked up my club. How he thought he was gonna be the next force in scotland was beyond belief. What did he do? Forked out thousands of £'s to guys who were nearing their pensions and just wanted to fill their bank balances and probably knowing that Motherwell would never do great anyhow. Boyle never seen this all he had was a wee boys dream that HIS team would win everything that was on offer but I wouldn't say we cheated mate. In reality what he did was nearly kill us of our little history. We're glad he's nearly away from all dealings with Motherwell mate. Infact I hope he is at typing this.

All I was trying to say was that if teams do wrong and are deemed that they have, then they SHOULD be punished for it. If it happened at MFC, well so be it. You can't play around with peoples' jobs etc and expect not to be found out.

Maybe even fans should ask, why were our players getting these EBT's when after all they were already getting paid for their jobs so in reality inmho they were being paid twice for doing the same thing BUT evading tax etc in doing so! No normal working man can do this and if he did then he'd be jailed.

My Dad always said that footballers are greedy and no one individual should be paid that kind of money. Then you get some who say "ah well it's a short career", well nobody told or pushed them into being footballers. It's like everyone else with loads of money...........they want more!

No hate or bigotry intended in my posts mate, life is too short for all that crap, all I was saying was that if you do wrong expect to be punished for it. WHOEVER YOU ARE.

PS why do you think, as a Rangers fan, Walter Smith left so quickly? Did he know this was all going to come out and didn't want to be part of it? Poor Ally, he never saw it coming and he's the one who's had to deal with all this stuff, but hands up to the guy he's shone through it all. But he looks a lot older now.

Last edited:
Like every other club you planned into the future with big name players, big investments, living way too far outside your means. Stories were rife about Whyte before he took over at Ibrox so why wasn't it investigated by the inner working of Ibrox before you handed him the front door keys? This trouble is way more deeper than just him mate, Murray has a lot of questions to answer with what he was up to in the background, no doubt feeding his own bank balances..

if stories were rife about Whyte before he took over at Ibrox. why did the sfa and spl allow him to take over, they have a Fit-and-proper test. and why did they take so long to investigate him, and why has it took years to investigate ebt's even tho the were in Rangers acounts every year, and Rangers were advised ebt's were not illegal when they were first set up only years later the taxman decided they were, Murray still has questions to answer, 1st being did Lloyds TSB force his hand because of other debts he has with Murray international, 2nd why did he sell so quickly to Whyte after saying he would only sell to someone who could do the best for Rangers.

Walter Smith was already leaving before Whyte took over..

it seems everybody is to wanting to blame everybody at Ibrox as crooks, So can we call everbody from Motherwell a lying cheating scumbag as that is where Craig Whyte originates from..:whistle:

Last edited:
Like every other club you planned into the future with big name players, big investments, living way too far outside your means. Stories were rife about Whyte before he took over at Ibrox so why wasn't it investigated by the inner working of Ibrox before you handed him the front door keys? This trouble is way more deeper than just him mate, Murray has a lot of questions to answer with what he was up to in the background, no doubt feeding his own bank balances.. As does Boyle at the time he nearly fooked up my club. How he thought he was gonna be the next force in scotland was beyond belief. What did he do? Forked out thousands of £'s to guys who were nearing their pensions and just wanted to fill their bank balances and probably knowing that Motherwell would never do great anyhow. Boyle never seen this all he had was a wee boys dream that HIS team would win everything that was on offer but I wouldn't say we cheated mate. In reality what he did was nearly kill us of our little history. We're glad he's nearly away from all dealings with Motherwell mate. Infact I hope he is at typing this.

All I was trying to say was that if teams do wrong and are deemed that they have, then they SHOULD be punished for it. If it happened at MFC, well so be it. You can't play around with peoples' jobs etc and expect not to be found out.

Maybe even fans should ask, why were our players getting these EBT's when after all they were already getting paid for their jobs so in reality inmho they were being paid twice for doing the same thing BUT evading tax etc in doing so! No normal working man can do this and if he did then he'd be jailed.

My Dad always said that footballers are greedy and no one individual should be paid that kind of money. Then you get some who say "ah well it's a short career", well nobody told or pushed them into being footballers. It's like everyone else with loads of money...........they want more!

No hate or bigotry intended in my posts mate, life is too short for all that crap, all I was saying was that if you do wrong expect to be punished for it. WHOEVER YOU ARE.

PS why do you think, as a Rangers fan, Walter Smith left so quickly? Did he know this was all going to come out and didn't want to be part of it? Poor Ally, he never saw it coming and he's the one who's had to deal with all this stuff, but hands up to the guy he's shone through it all. But he looks a lot older now.
i get where your coming from mate but in real life rangers got kicked out of the spl for craig Whyte not paying tax, not for ebts, if he had paid the tax and still been paying the debt we had we would not have went under. the debt was coming down before david murry sold us, so it was manageable but as you say there was shit going on in the back ground with murry and the bank, and who ever else, this will all come out in the wash.
EBTS where legal we have not seen a verdict on that yet, there just like any ISA scheme or any other scheme. if i could pay less tax legally i would , would you not ?

if stories were rife about Whyte before he took over at Ibrox. why did the sfa and spl allow him to take over, they have a Fit-and-proper test. and why did they take so long to investigate him, and why has it took years to investigate ebt's even tho the were in Rangers acounts every year, and Rangers were advised ebt's were not illegal when they were first set up only years later the taxman decided they were, Murray still has questions to answer, 1st being did Lloyds TSB force his hand because of other debts he has with Murray international, 2nd why did he sell so quickly to Whyte after saying he would only sell to someone who could do the best for Rangers.

Walter Smith was already leaving before Whyte took over..

it seems everybody is to wanting to blame everybody at Ibrox as crooks, So can we call everbody from Motherwell a lying cheating scumbag as that is where Craig Whyte originates from..:whistle:

No there are some decent folks from here MFCGAVMFC and.......................me:banana:

End of day Rab, none of us will ever know the full truth of what and why it happened behind the big brown doors of Ibrox. The truth should be outed as it's the fans yet again who suffer by paying their cash and being treated like mushrooms, fed 5hite and kept in the dark!

Last edited:
i get where your coming from mate but in real life rangers got kicked out of the spl for craig Whyte not paying tax, not for ebts, if he had paid the tax and still been paying the debt we had we would not have went under. the debt was coming down before david murry sold us, so it was manageable but as you say there was shit going on in the back ground with murry and the bank, and who ever else, this will all come out in the wash.
EBTS where legal we have not seen a verdict on that yet, there just like any ISA scheme or any other scheme. if i could pay less tax legally i would , would you not ?

God yes mate, I would. He was sent in there to do a job I think then hadn't the balls on him to stay and face the music. It's like an iceberg we are only seeing the top of the problem

Back