R4i Gold, DSi Updated, R4i no longer works.

Hustle

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All, I was caught off guard by the DSi update, the DSi updated to v1.4.4e and now the R4i no longer works :(, "AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED. PRESS AND HOLD THE POWER BUTTON TO TURN THE SYSTEM OFF. PLEASE REFER TO THE NINTENDO DSI OPERATIONS MANUAL FOR DETAILS."

I've spent a couple hours researching and what I found was, I need to download the latest kernel (which I have done), but to apply the kernel update, a second DSi which has not been updated is needed, please could someone confirm if this is true.

The R4i Gold, when at the DSi main menu, shows "Star Wars Lethal Alliance".

I did try to update the R4i on a DSLite (just incase it would work), but all that happens on the DSLite is a white screen appeares.

Many Thanks in advance for any help :).

Last edited:
in answer to your first question,

I've spent a couple hours researching and what I found was, I need to download the latest kernel (which I have done), but to apply the kernel update, a second DSi which has not been updated is needed, please could someone confirm if this is true

the answer is yes, you cannot use your updated console to perform the update as the console is already blocking the flashcard. you would need an older console which doesnt block the fashcard to perform update.

secondly.
I did try to update the R4i on a DSLite (just incase it would work), but all that happens on the DSLite is a white screen appeares

this should work and update card....

vould you post some more info please,

exact type of card with web address

which foirmware/update you have downloaded and links... :)

Hi Mate,

The R4i card has these details printed on the label.
R4i v1.4 Revolution for DS (ndsi/ndsl/nds) R4i GOLD Revolution for NDSi/NDSL/NDS

The firmware that I've put on the card is

R4-i English v1.44 Date:[2012-3-26]
R4i-GOLD Revolution for NDSi/NDSL/NDS
http://test.szeweb.net/kernel/ENG.rar

I've also tried
The DSi V1.44 Patch for R4i Gold Non-3DS is released now! (for R4i gold Non 3DS card only)(Apr.18,2012)
R4i GOLD Kernel,WOOD R4 Firmware Download-R4i gold Revolution for DS/DSi/3DS
ftp://r4idsdown:[email protected]/R4iGoldNon3DS_V144Patch.rar

hi m8,

i dont think your card can be updated to run on the newer console firmware.

you said the card has 1.4 printed on it.

The R4i card has these details printed on the label.R4i v1.4 Revolution for DS (ndsi/ndsl/nds) R4i GOLD Revolution for NDSi/NDSL/NDS.

then if you read the small print on there site....

Capture.JPG

it will only be the newer cards labelled summit like 3ds or 1.4.1 or 1.4.3 that will be updatable.... :(

Oh, that's a shame.

Thank you for your help.

Hi All, I was caught off guard by the DSi update, the DSi updated to v1.4.4e and now the R4i no longer works :(, "AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED. PRESS AND HOLD THE POWER BUTTON TO TURN THE SYSTEM OFF. PLEASE REFER TO THE NINTENDO DSI OPERATIONS MANUAL FOR DETAILS."

I've spent a couple hours researching and what I found was, I need to download the latest kernel (which I have done), but to apply the kernel update, a second DSi which has not been updated is needed, please could someone confirm if this is true.

The R4i Gold, when at the DSi main menu, shows "Star Wars Lethal Alliance".

I did try to update the R4i on a DSLite (just incase it would work), but all that happens on the DSLite is a white screen appeares.

Many Thanks in advance for any help :).

Hi you need to do a format again on your r4i card so you are wiping off everything then go back to the r4i kernel and again copy it back on your sd card then put it on your ds light upgrade the firmware to 100% then power down then put it in your dsi and it will then work then add your games but remember to save games on your PCfirst I hope this is helpful I've done mine a few days ago so I know it works cheers

Back