Quick AytoBe (ATB083) conversion to T0mT0m

ju_

Inactive User
Reaction score
1) Using microsoft active sync...
Edit the autorun file which can be found in \Flash_Storage (back it up if you want)

Change the line navigation = \MMC_Storage\MobileNavigator\MobileNavigator.exe
To navigation = windows\explorer.exe

(This will enable the unit to boot into Windows CE 4.2 when you click on the Satellite Dish Icon)

2) Take out the SD card which comes with the unit.

3) Get a new SD card >= 512MB, you can also put a MMC card into this unit

4) Install T0mT0m software V6.0.0.0 for pocket PC, maps, voices and overlays onto the new card via PC or by active sync (Don't forget key for maps)

4a) See hxxp://www.megaupload.com/?d=0AWV6JM3 for main software only

5) Switch unit off at the back and then switch back on. Set date and time because it looses all settings.

6) Click on satellite icon, Double click My computer, Double click MMC_Storage or SD_Storage, Double click MobileNavigator (dir)

7) Double click on MobileNavigator (The Hands) and T0mT0m software will run.

8) Tap on the main screen, tap on Change preferences, tap on right arrow twice, tap on Show GPS status

9) tap on configue. Select Other NMEA GPS receiver and tap on select button. Drag baud rate to 9600 and tap done. Select Serial Cable on SP2: and then click Done. (This sets up the internal GPS)

10) Now go outside and test, all finished.

To go back to windows tap on main screen, tap on right arrow twice and tap on Exit Application.

Part 1 and 9 of these instructions can be found on another website, to the author of those instructions my hat to you

Things I have found :

The unit crashes every so often. Not figured out why the unit crashes yet, seems to be random. Could be slow MMC, could be MMC because unit only supports SD. Could be because of "nooky software". Could be GPS signal?

Sometimes boots straight into My Computer.

Very cut down version of windows CE v4.2, with very little software.

MP3 software can be found in the folder \My Computer\windows\Xplayer

Few questions :

Why does the unit show that I am always 5mph less than the speed I am doing?
Is this speed accurate?

As the tomtom software is still crashing after changing the autorun.inf file to just run the tomtom software, I am now running this on a Kingston x50 SD 1/2GIG card (the one that comes with the AyToBe unit).

I will report if this stops the random crashing.

Back