Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

## Question ??? ##

gav12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
ok here one for you!

fta channels ber is 0 and very smooth indeed

on non fta channels ber is way too high and picture is messed up

any ideas please

im using dw2 image

ok stranger and stranger

i have a booster in the frontroom and connected a wire from it to the bedroom this was the cause of this problem strange i know

so i disconnected it from the booster from the front room and connected it straight to the bedroom box and still the same no change??

got me thinking lol and some of you know what i am like lol

so i bought a cheaper booster plug in type and connected it to the bedroom box and 100 percent works and no glitches whats so ever

now thats the strangers thing as i could take the box back to the frontroom and works perfect anyway

all sorted now so thanks and maybe others could learn from it

long wires the booster struggles with but shorter wires and the booster works perfect no glitching at all

cheers

I know you probably know this but for any others who are learning...

The booster should be put at the point where the feed enters your house. This is where the signal will be at it's purest with least noise.

The longer the cable you add and the more splitters you add, the more noise is introduced into the signal. The SNR value is a display of the amount of signal that it can see over the noise. So if you have loads of noise, it will be hard to see a good signal hence the value goes down.

If you add the booster at the start, you will be amplifying more of the good signal and not a lot of noise. But if you add the booster after 20 feet of cable, you'll be amplifying the noise as well as the signal.

But, as you know, it's like a black art this cable hacking malarky lol!

If it works for your setup, you're a winner! :)

Also, if you have a good SNR %, i.e. 96% and also high BER then you could have a strong signal and an attenuator would be needed.

Back