Quest 3 $499

@spud1966 and the few other VR enthusiasts lol

My Q3 arrived yesterday evening :)

Firstly the negatives,
I found the colour passthrough quality a bit disappointing. Nothing like as good as it looked in the odd video lol. Having said that, I've tried it with artificial lighting 100w bulb and a regular Welsh cloudy morning (say 5/10 brightness) which is quite the norm down here lol. Probably be a lot better on a brighter day.

Even so, the mixed reality is great. Seeing little monster things coming through a hole in the wall and running about the room lol

The resolution is much sharper and field of view noticeably better. You can turn the texture res up to 30?? with sidequest.

It's now just a case of waiting for the developers to take advantage of twice the CPU and GPU power. :)

P.S. sideloading still works fine. ;)

I think in the video clips they're using the Pro for the passthrough demos.

To sum up the passthrough verdict, I'd say it's twice as good as the Q2 but half as good as the Pro. I suppose the pricing reflects that.
I'm still happy with it overall. :)

Had a play around and finally worked out why all the online vids of the passthrough look amazing compared to mine.
For some reason it records the video much better than the real time experience.
It looks second rate in reality compared to my video. It reminds me of my first colour webcam, impressive to see colour but the resolution quality was ropey. :)
View attachment q3.mp4

2 more +'s

I get a lot less motion sickness with the Q3. Not sure if it's the higher refresh rate or wider FOV? Perhaps a bit of both. :)

I don't have to jiggle the headset about to find the so called sweet spot. You put in on and it's a good as it gets straight off. :)

Been having issues with Rokie and Sidenoader not coping over the OBB folder when sideloading.
Easily solved by manually copy and paste into the Android/ Obb folder on the headset, after installing the apk. :)

Got my quest 2 on facemarket a long time ago paid £200 for 128gb had a look on CEX yes i know the robbing fookers but will give me £112 at the moment before the shop drops the price ect

Wonder if they are cheaper on black Friday for the quest 3 mmmmmm lol

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back