Qbox mini hd

russyanderson

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys anyone know much about the QBOX Mini Hd reciever? Price wise seems good value, seen its got a few teams working with it aswell, but no one has giving real thumbs ups anywhere,

Hi guys anyone know much about the QBOX Mini Hd reciever? Price wise seems good value, seen its got a few teams working with it aswell, but no one has giving real thumbs ups anywhere,

Im not really sure..been keeping an eye on this one as well, might well be my next purchase if it's any good.

The last Qbox One was absolutely crap, very poor software...never really got off the ground.

The Mini however looks very well priced 200 quid with twin tuners and runs enigma 2. It doesnt appear to have any actual CCCam support...runs some sort of custom client that can talk to CCcam called RADAR, also runs OSCAM. No CCcam server support, client only..

I havent heard of any teams of note, working on images for this box..think it's early days yet, satstation seems to be the place where they discuss this reciever quite a bit, seen a reports of freezing with RADAR and crashes etc...

Looks like PVR is via USB or USB external hard disks etc, no internal SATA option. Firmware also held on USB, so a USB drive needs to be permanently left plugged in to the back, theres a 2 gig USB drive provided with the unit I believe..

Last edited:
Anyone actually seen one of these first hand ??

Been looking at the threads on another forum, might take the plunge and give it a go

I have just bought a twin tuner Qbox Mini HD a very nice box for the money runs very good once the box has fully booted.

When its booted runs just like any E2 box crossepg is works fine a few good skins working good on the box.

Zapping is fine not as fast as my Duo/Solo/ET9000 but not as slow as a TM800

I have just bought a twin tuner Qbox Mini HD a very nice box for the money runs very good once the box has fully booted.

When its booted runs just like any E2 box crossepg is works fine a few good skins working good on the box.

Zapping is fine not as fast as my Duo/Solo/ET9000 but not as slow as a TM800

Hows the PVR recording to external USB and hard disk ? Timeshift working OK ? watch one channel record another all ok ?

You using RADAR with a CCCAM C-line, seen some reports it's noth that stable glitches etc ??

Im quite intrested in buying one of these if the base features all work OK...

Not noticed any glitching on my box using the latest RADAR with a CCCAM C-line:proud:

not tested PVR or time shifting yet will try some recordings tonite

anyone helpjust got qbox mini hd, out of box brand new, plugged in the usb stick (formatted to fat32) and my other fat32 usb stick with firmware files, it came up on screen saying updating flash, then a while it rebooted and now just says updating filesystem an nothing seems to be happening. been like that for past 20 mins

should it take thislong???

I would re download the file again and reformat the usbs again and try flashing again should not take more that ten min max

thanks mate
thought that was the case hence reformatted usb sticks using the hp tool, and reloaded firmware, done within 10 minutes max

however when i plug in my ethernet cable, i go to addons and download addons, it keeps saying plug in cable or check cable etc..

i used the image from another forum and the latest version, sorry not sure if i can mention on here

Back