PS4/LG TV problem

snapman

VIP Member
Staff member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've seen on a few forums that PS4 users are having problems getting games to run 1080p on their LG TV's (including a mate of mine!).

There's various roundabout solutions on forums, but I suggested this simpler solution for my mate and it worked: Install the latest firmware for his 42LG6000 TV.

1. Take a note of your TV's model number. Go to: LG Manuals, Software & Firmware Updates | LG UK

2. In the 'Search By Keyword' field, type in the model number and click 'search'

3. Scroll down and click on the 'Software Update' tab. Here you'll find a .pdf for instructions to install the firmware either through the TV, or by USB port.

4. If you have to install through the USB port, save the attached .zip file, unzipped, onto a memory stick.

Hopefully your PS4 will now run in full 1080p, instead of 480p that my mate started off with!

Regards,

snapman

There is. I've seem some posts elsewhere regarding problems. I'd advise the same as with my LG post with Samsung, and any other TV makes for that matter that are having problems with display/sound from your PS4.

And if there's no USB/wi-fi on your TV, hopefully there's an ethernet connection. Last resort as some may need a LONG ethernet cable. Keep that connected and hopefully a firmware upgrade will come through that.

I'm no expert in the matter, but just want to make people aware that some TV's(my mate's TV is 5 years old, and his firmware was at 1.2 or something, the latest firmware is 3.49!). Don't want the PS4 being opened at Christmas for some kids, for instance, only to find their TV can't handle what the PS4 is throwing at it. Don't want disappointed little faces on that day that's for sure!

Hope this helps fellow DW members.

Regards,

snapman

Back