Streaming to LG Smart TV from Synology

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I cant seem to find a decent app to install on my LG smart TV n I tried Plex and that doesn't work if I use the built in photo\video software that's next to useless (unless I plug a USB hard drive in and then its fine)

Any suggestions please?

Thanks as always

I stream to 3 lg tvs from my synology install media server on the synology and the smart tvs should pick up the music photo and video folders from the synology

any reason why Plex does not work? Have you linked the plex app and the server app with the same password?

Plex was moaning about the spec of the NAS for the 4k stuff considering when I plug the USB HDD into the tv the 4k stuff works fine I binned Plex off (the sinology is running over 1GB network so shouldn't be an issue).

I installed media server on the Synology and when I launch the video\photo app on the LG TV it says the content is empty with a picture of a penguin. Does anything specific need configuring either side? The firewall isn't on the Synology and the media plays fine if local on a USB HDD.

Thanks

All good now thanks, I uninstalled the app re-installed let the Synology re-index the folders and she's working like a trooper even on the 4k stuff - geddon :)

Back