Ps3 any good for bluray dvd playback

razorb

Inactive User
Reaction score
interested if ps3 is good for bluray playback as the nearest player is twice the price

interested if ps3 is good for bluray playback as the nearest player is twice the price

Well only had it for a month or so so not sure about reliability but for quality of playback its top notch. 1080p if your TV can support it.

yep i have a few films and they play & look fanstastic if you have a good tv to link it 2

hmm not convinced myself,i only have 3 bd films but none of them look particularly
fantastic

saw 3 does look better than the dvd but others seem way too grainy,maybe if i had a full 1080p hd tv things mite look different

but i don't have a shit tv by any means and would expect them to look better than they do

bought a what home cinema magazineto read while i was going to brussels and it reviewed the PS3 and they said there is nothing distinguishable in terms of pic/sound quality from the PS3 to the deck worth 2wice as much!

It must depend a lot on the film transfer. I wasn't that impressed with the new bond film on blu-ray (grainy). But I thought "the departed" was stunning. A huge improvement on DVD.

PS3 is an excellent bluray player. 1.6 solved the freezing out.

Back