problems with ppanel

installer

DW Regular
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why i cant download from the blue button? i want to download week epg, but all I get is "failed to download"...

Any ideas?

are you able to see your external i.p from the box ?

go to > Menu > (6) Setup > (6) Retrieve Internet IP

might be in different place on other images, im using the latest one, but if that gives you an error sounds like it might be your network setup not working properly.

i just tested on my TM600 and it downloaded and installed weekEPG fine.
so the download location for it is still working..

someone else will probably have better idea whats up, only just started learning about these boxs few days ago

if you press the LAN button on your remote, you should see your external IP towards the bottom, if there is no IP address here, then the receiver is not connecting to your network

thsnks for your help guys, i'm definately connecting to my network, as I'm sharing my card from downstairs, the network has a route to the internet as I'm still able to see a peer for some other channels.... I have a pretty unusual network setup here though..

connecting to a card downstairs means youre connected to your internal network m8, if theres no external IP showing then something is stopping the receiver from connecting to the outside internet, maybe a firewall on your router? a homeplug network adaptor maybe not working quite right?

how is your receiver connected to the rest of your network

dont forget you will have to open your ccam port and forward it to your tm default port for cccam is 12000 or yours peers wont be able to connect.

Coley

both receivers are connected to 8 port switch in attick, 8 port switch is connected to router via a wireless bridge... this receiver is configured in cccam to connect to downstairs, the downstairs receiver is physically connected to the network in the same way as this and has a definate route to net as like I mentioned i am gettin some channels from a peer and they are visible.. strange... i'l go and check what the settings are downstairs..thanks again..

is definately a problem with box, the downstairs one is set up exactly the same way except of course for the actual box IP, can download from that receiver ok, prob is thats a dm500 clone running a pli jade image...

is it possible to run a cat5 lead from your router to the receiver to rule out any other network issues?

is the DCHP box ticked in the comms menu?

have tried dhcp both on and off, its not possible to run a cable directly to router as its in my sisters house next door, we share internet connection...this is the setup downstairs...

ip address 192.168.1.5
subnet mask 255.255.255.0
type lan
nameserver 192.168.1.254
gateway 192.168.1.254
port 80

the upstairs is the same except ip is 192.168.1.24

when i log into the router i can see that the technomate is on the routers lan port so it should definately have an ip connection.. puzzling this..

Last edited:
Ok I'm definately missing something stupid only i'm too stupid to see it...

there is no reason why i dont have a connection to the internet, the box is on the same LAN as my other box, with all settings the same, the LAN has an internet connection cos i'm on it now and the other box has a connection.... did i need to do a factory reset after installing firmware or something like this ....its bustin my b@lls......

can you remotley restart the router m8?

if you can see it in the router LAN page then theres no reason why it shouldnt connect to the net

if everything is setup for DCHP then restarting the router will issue new IPs to everything and restart all connections

another thing you could try, as things are using wireless bridges etc, is on one receiver (either your 500 clone or your TM) is in the comms menu, change one of the network ports from 80 to 81 and retsart the box and try again

Hi Digidude was tryin to find ya on MSN there, ok I have turned off DHCP, set a static ip of 192.168.1.244, saved settings, box on Lan receiving share from downstairs box, turned back on DHCP, saved settings, restarted router and i got new ip address of 192.168.1.24 so the box is definately connected to router but still tells me that there is no internet connection present.... factory reset??

press the LAN button, ensure the enable network box is marked, and change from the default port 80 to 81, press the green button to save, exit then press the LAN button again, and see if your external IP now shows

did that digidude, still same... done factory reset now reinstalling latest image.. dont think this will solve anything though...thanks again..

try swapping your dm for your tm that way you will rule out the tm being faulty.

Coley

still no good... i'l try new technomate later and see if its a box fault.. any suggestions welcome..

Ok i had a dm500 clone in place of the tecky before i changed them.. i just put the dm500 back in and still cant get that box to go online either.... however i plugged the network cable direct to my laptop and i do have internet... now i'm really confused.com

Last edited:
had a really hard time with this today despite great efforts from a few (you know who you are) if anyone has experienced problems with a 600 failing to see its online but got it sorted, please tell me how...

thanks to those who helped me today...

why dont you take next door plug it and see if it works or to another location. I had my on line last night waiting to talk to you and help you. But you did one I thought you had tried to end it all lol because you have been have such a shit time with this.

He defo thinks its a port forwarding problem.

I think if you leave more info about whats going with your complex set it might be more of an advantage to those trying to help.

Kind Regards
Coley

Back