Problem with tv picture

B

Bulld0g

Iv'e got a Samsung 46" Rear projection tv. It's just over Three years old.Just lately every now an then when it's first switched on it looks like everything is in double vision.This can last for a few minutes upto an hour or longer. Then it goes back to normal.It first happened about 6weeks ago and is recurring more often.I have checked there are no loose scart leads etc but i can't find anything.
I have disconnected all devices from the tv, cable dvd etc and tried playing a dvd in the inbuilt dvd player but thepictures just the same.
Anyone had this problem with a rear projection does it sound like it's on the way out.

my mate had similar prob,

Think its ghosting mate.Is this through the AV connections?
if so check and see if you have an option to set to progressive, auto, interlaced, ? if it is set to anything other than AUTO the auto focus is switched off and doesnt work. if the option is on your model change it to auto

see if that sorts it

hope it helps

Thanks for reply m8.Just checked and it's already set to auto. Messed about changing other settings but it's still the same. m

If it's rear projection it could be the prism/mirror needs re-calibrating/cleaning. I;ve heard these get dusty and out of line after a while so would tie in with the time frame. Some people do it themselves by taking back off tv and carefully removing dust. Will see if i can find out further info...

Edit: Could be completely wrong about my last quote, just found something on "convergance chips" that go faulty in time but will keep looking and post here.

Last edited:
definately sounds like a convergence fault, the stk chips normally fail although your problem sounds heat related, I suspect the stk chips in your tv have become dryjointed., resoldering the pins may solve the problem, if not the chips will need replacing. What`s the model number ?

hope it's not the bulbs,was gonna get a projection until I discovered they cost a few bob to replace.

Back