Pope Benedict condones condom use in some cases

what a complete idiot he is religion have some very strange ideas

Glad I ditched the catholic religion years ago.

At least it's movement in the right direction.

It's only a matter of time before they break out of the Dark Ages and start allowing Priests to marry etc.

Fecking ridiculous rule in the first place.

i think priests are allowed to marry in South America, Africa etc, it's just in the western world that they aren't.

At least it's movement in the right direction.

It's only a matter of time before they break out of the Dark Ages and start allowing Priests to marry etc.

Fecking ridiculous rule in the first place.

What then whos gonna s**g the boys

pretty sure yep, it's not officially sanctioned, or talked about much, but yes its pretty much the norm for priests to be married in some areas of the world

pretty sure yep, it's not officially sanctioned, or talked about much, but yes its pretty much the norm for priests to be married in some areas of the world

Wait till I tell my mammy that one!

lol

You are talking about Roman Catholics and not those other weird ones? ;)

yes go google it lol

plus they married until the middle ages, celibacy for priests hasnt been around for 2000 years you know

look at the borgias for example ;)

yes go google it lol

plus they married until the middle ages, celibacy for priests hasnt been around for 2000 years you know

look at the borgias for example ;)

Yes I know (vaguely) the history of it.

I've just never known of a married Roman Catholic priest.

[edit]

Googled it and I'm none the wiser, lol.

It seems that western catholic priests who are married were not married while being Catholic priests but priests and ministers of other Christian denominations who decided to leave that branch of Christianity and join the Tims.

AFAICS in the western side of the church, no ordained catholic priests are allowed to marry, they may leave the church to get married then rejoin the church at a later date but their duties are restricted.

Last edited:
I honestly believe that IF they were allowed to marry, then some other things may have been restricted. Not getting into all that though, I have caused enough trouble for today.

Absolutely Jim.

I've always said that.

Infact my theory is that a high percentage of them are either gay and too ashamed to 'come out' so they hide behind their religion and the rest of them are mentally ill!

The celibacy thing was only introduced 300 years ago.

it is a step in the right direction but far far far too late for the millions suffering from AIDS in Africa unfortunately.

Back