police officer + man dead

dont do it it"ll hurt

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
New Park Road
Police were called to a domestic incident in New Park Road
A policeman has been killed and another man found dead after officers were called to a property in Shropshire.

West Mercia Police said officers were called to a domestic incident in New Park Road, in the Castlefields area of Shrewsbury at 0610 BST on Sunday.

They were confronted by a man with a firearm and a constable was shot. He was pronounced dead in hospital.

A man in his 30s was found dead and a firearm recovered. No-one else is being sought by police following the deaths.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission, which investigates shootings involving police officers, has been informed.

POLICE MEMORIAL ROLL
1994 - Pc Lewis Fulton. Knifed while responding to a 999 call in Glasgow
1997 - Pc Nina Mackay. Stabbed to death in Stratford, east London
1999 - Pc Raja Ahmed. Killed by car thief in Manchester
2001 - Pc Alison Armitage. Run over by a car thief in Oldham, Greater Manchester
2003 - Pc Stephen Oake. Died of stab wounds during an anti-terror raid in Manchester
2003 - Pc Ian Broadhurst. Shot after stopping a motorist in Leeds on Boxing Day
2005 - Pc Sharon Beshenivsky. Shot dead as she arrives at a robbery scene in Bradford
2007 - Unnamed male Pc. Shot dead in Shrewsbury while attending a domestic incident.

Killed in the line of duty

West Mercia Chief Constable Paul West said: "The thoughts of everyone are with the family of our officer and others affected by this incident at this desperately sad time.

"A thorough investigation into all the circumstances surrounding this incident will be carried out in close consultation with the IPCC."

The coroner has also been alerted.

Jan Berry, chairman of the Police Federation of England and Wales, said: "Our sympathy is with family, friends and colleagues.

"Officers will clearly be traumatised but they will also want to ensure this incident is investigated thoroughly and professionally.

"This demonstrates the dangers our police officers face on a daily basis."

People living nearby reported hearing shouting and two loud bangs.

'Gunman loose'

Neighbour Richard Duggan said he came out of his flat and was told to take shelter by police.

"I ran down the back alleyway and there was an adjoining alleyway and we saw more armed police officers turn up," he said.

Map of Shrewsbury

"The police were in full control and they kept everybody back and after a short while an ambulance reversed up on to the path and we saw the shot police officer being lifted into the ambulance."

Tony Robinson, a newsagent's relief manager, said: "I looked out of the window and there were armed police swarming all over the place."

Mr Robinson said the road was a normal, suburban street, with a mix of terraced, semi-detached and detached homes.

Another resident who gave her name as Emma said: "I saw the police run out of North Park Road and they just said to everybody to stay in their house that there's a gunman on the loose and that's when a boy up the road said that there was a body bag brought out."

The IPCC said it was sending an investigator to assess the scene.

Poor family of the Police Officer and Gunman
I worry about my son growing up in a world like this where there is no respect for life actually it scares the shit out of me.

I'm surprised there isn't more calls for the Police Service to become armed all the time. It is terrible news to hear that anyone gets shot, least of all those who's job it is to put themselves in danger constantly.

heard on the news that the body found at the scene was the gunman, he turned the gun on himself.

He'd had about 4 commendations for bravery as well. We take guys like that for granted.

Back