playstation 2 to pc

hoppo

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all is there anyway i can get ps2 games to play on my pc

first of all NO there are no PS2 emulators but there are PS1 emulators.
the main reason why there are no PS2 emulators is because sony started encrypting there discs so no-body could copy them. pc's could not read the disc so how could they burn them.

after some googling i have found that this encryption is now failing. hackers have found the right code so in a month or 2 we can copy these discs and in 8 months PS3 is in stores so sony has won.

the main reason why PS2 emulators also not work is because of the massive CPU/GPU power needed. PS2 games speak directly to the hardware, no OS is between. with the PC windows handles this because PC can have many different types of hardware(e.g a ATI or NVIDIA card?) this is done by software like directX(direct3d actualy). so the emulator has to cover this to. for every frame it produces it has to emulate it to something readable by direct3d and there go our frames, thus framedrop. also a problem is that PS2 is 128-bit while pc's are 32-bit maybe the AMD Opteron does correct this a bit since it makes this gap some smaller(instead of 4 times bit-emulation only 2 is needed) but still the diffrences are huge.

so even if there whas some perfectly crafted PS2 emulator it would as notices before need between 5 and 7 GHZ and about 2GIG ram. just to cover the delay between al those layers but there is hope.

an AMD athlos at 2Ghz is equal to a Pentium 4 at 3 GHZ and and AMD Opteron at 1.4 Ghz is equal to an Athlon at 2Ghz so an Dual AMD Opteron 2x 2.2 Ghz = 4.4Ghz is equal to and athlon at 6,28Ghz wich might be just enough to use an PS2 emulator that support Dual proccessor and runs at 64-bit ofcours. so if someone has some money and can program such a program he or she might be playing PS2 games wich will be obsolete in 8 month from now. so have fun.

conclusion: there are no PS2 emulators because its just not possible to create one.

thanks

thanks for the reply bit mind boggling but got the gist of it cheers

Pc's CAN read ps2 discs, and pc's CAN copy ps2 discs !!!
DVDShrink, DVD Decryptor both rip ps2 discs to your hard drive. always have done. how do u think people play copied games on their PS2 machines !!! (swapmagic or modchip needed).

However unfortunatley there are no emulators for the PC

I have the emulator installed but i need the ps2 bios files.... which seem a bugger to find.

Oh and I'm running a dual processor amd x2 so hopefully the frame rates will be worth while. Why would i want to run a ps2 emulator? Why would folks want to run a NES or mame emualtor?

do a search on emule m8 they are on there

Thkanks m8, mangaged to get a few from there.

As to the emulator. I tried creating a image file of one of the the original games i had..... it partially worked. Will find a backup image of another game somehwere just to see.

There is a worrying thing thou... one of my processors seem to be running constantly at 49% at that speed constantly i'd get a bit worried :(

Back