play iso of the xbox hdd

swainy

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys how can i play iso of the xbox hdd. I tryed ftp one put it wont play any ideas.......

xbox 1 or 360??

i dont know about xbox 1 but i assume its the same.. you have to extract the iso on your computer using xbox image browser and then put the extracted folder on the xbox harddrive and boot the default.xex (or default xbe if xbox1)

hope this helps

yes is xbox 1 m8 where do i get the software from google or summin. Do i extract it on my comp.....

Google for exiso, this extracts an image and then you ftp the game to your xbox.

If you are wanting to copy a physical xbox game to hdd I think the program is dvd2xbox.

Last edited:
hi guys how can i play iso of the xbox hdd. I tryed ftp one put it wont play any ideas.......

yes you can, still do it myself

you need a flashed xBox (mine is flashed with the executor2 chip) and a different dashboard to MS - I use EvoX - as this dash will search all drives and when a game is found will display it in the main menu

only problem is the XBox only comes with a 10 GB HDD - around 8 GB can be used, so you are pushed to get 2 games on - I am going to install a 80 GB hard disk this weekend so I can copy more games one

I use this cos of the excellent XBMC and turns the XBox into an amazing media centre streaming directly from PC

I softmodded my old xbox a couple of months ago and added an 80gb driver, xbmc is the bee's knees!

I softmodded my old xbox a couple of months ago and added an 80gb driver, xbmc is the bee's knees!

how did you soft mod it.. I got a mate to solder the executor chip on to it in 2003 and never looked back.. would be interested to softmod another one as I am sure cna pick up a cheap xbox for 20 quid I guess.

hi guys thanks for the info got it sorted after downloaded one called gxiso really easy to use.......

Back