Play Back-Up ROMs... from Argos!

Well that certainly let's us know what we can expect to get out of the little fella, but .......

It doesn't clear up what to do with the CF / HDD error. It obviously isn't just me how is having this problem.

I hope you can help a bit more.

Thanks v much

Tiggzz :)

I'm having the same issues as Tiggzz, I still get the errors when trying to patch the ARM7 and still get the HD/CF not found.

That's a new problem on me! I've been using on of these for about 5 months now I've never had it once. I'll have a root around and see if anything comes up so stay posted!

So do you think that this could be something to do with the version maybe, or something we are doing wrong?

Cheers

Last edited:
Ive heard of htis, but most sites say that its got unsufficient amounts of ram to play commercial roms.

I have used this with the 256meg ram that came with it, and tried it with a 1gig with the same error of being unable to see HD/CF drive.

my card is ver 1.30 Datel game and music.after looking around i found this cannot run any roms. we need the Max Media launcher+slot 2 card flash card, this is what is seen in the arogos link. i am giving my back tomorrow and getting r4 ds. sorry in advance if i am wrong.

Last edited:
According to the hoe screen, mine is 1.30 also.

COnsidering that some of the roms are only 5-6mb, I can't see the size being a problem. I currently have a 256 in it, but a 1gb is on standby.

The list that do work is quite reasonable, so I don't imagine it to be something as simle as the card size.

I would hope that it doesn't need flashing. The mojority of the new slot 1 cards just run of the mark, no messing about. I would hope that other than a bit of work on the pc on the rom, that this is the same.

Cheers

i've also got 1.30. I think I will return it and get the R4.

looking into this i have found that this only play homebrew and not roms, this picture shown in argos picture is the max media player and not the Game n Music card, that they sell now.

looking into this i have found that this only play homebrew and not roms, this picture shown in argos picture is the max media player and not the Game n Music card, that they selling now. i returning this tomorrow and saying that it is faulty because it is excloed from the 30 return policy

I owuld imagine that they will only exchange if faulty, and not refund.
BUT

If if doesn't do what it says, as in you could find some hb that doesn't run. Then it is not fit for it's job, and therefore you should get your money back.

We have had ours for 2 weeks now, I'm getting tempted to do it myself.

But ordering a R4 isn't the easiest of tasks.

I would like ot get this working. I only need it to play the brain game things, it's for my wife. Currently she enjoys the homebrews on the card, so I guess it's getting used anyway.

Has there been any more news on this card.

It's a real shame that it looked so hopefullt o work.

If other peole have it working, then surely we can try to figure out why the few in here can't get them working. Is there a way to look at the version of the DS, does that make a difference?

Thanks

I took my card back to Argos, told them I could not get homebrew games to load and got my refund, used the money to get a R4, should have got this first time round.

Back