Plants killed by the bad winter

ekwat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
What plants of yours are showing no signs of life? I have 2 Acers that were completely covered in about an inch of ice which have survived and are looking great but I also have 2 tree ferns that were not so badly covered but are not showing any signs of life. Anyone have tree ferns that are growing?

Every Cordyline I have seen around here is dead.

Our Cornish Palm died and walking around the area noticed a lot of people's palms had done the same and had to be chopped down... Shame...

we have 3 yukkas in the back..
had them 10 year , was lovely...
...all dead now (

Our Cornish Palm died and walking around the area noticed a lot of people's palms had done the same and had to be chopped down... Shame...

we have 3 yukkas in the back..
had them 10 year , was lovely...
...all dead now (

I've not seen one survive around here. It's a shame as they look nicely tropical and the last weeks weather would've made them look even better. As it is they are just left as stumps around here.

Last edited:
I've not seen one survive around here. It's a shame as they look nicely tropical and the last weeks weather would've made them look even better. As it is they are just left as stumps around here.

We got a 6ft Japanese Acer off eBay for £20 (delivered) to replace it. Only been in 4 weeks and it's doing well, leaves sprouted and all... Wonder if anyone else will be getting the palms again? Ours was the same, about 10 years old, was well posh, lol...

Bay tree is another casualty of last winter plus my prize lemon not forgetting a white jasmin, olive tree survived

Back