Pipex free upgrading for existing customers

monkeyspunks said:
know how u feel steve i wasn't happy when i read the small print, i aint payin for it if there gonna give it to me free in a month.....but i do want 2mb/s lol
a month ... more like 4-5 months ... heard approx August

this is what my complaint is about ... I still pay the same for 512 as new customer who gets 1MB and I have to wait until appprox August before upgrade

they are just not answering the questions I email to them

I don't think Pipex are doing it out of the goodness of their hearts (for the same price). I believe it's got something to do with BT, who'll be upgrading their networks from 512k connections to 1mb as standard

well as pipex are charging same for new customers for 1MB as I am paying for 512 then shouldn't they think about dropping my price until I am upgraded ?

would seem a fair option to me ?

totally agree with u steve, im gonna write them an agressive email there not gonna bother reading!!

i have been with them for a while i got upgraded from 1mb to 2mb for nothing when i asked :/ then i had my cost reduced from 39.99 that was for 2mb to 33.99 (i think) strange...

Until today i was on 576Kbps pipex, just connected to do some downloading and noticed my speed is now 2.2Mbps, i have never asked to be upgraded (i know they were upgrading foc but that was to 1Mbps service) Hope this isnt just an error on their part :) :) :)

This info came form ADSL Speed guide:
Downstream 1804 Kbps (225.5 KB/sec) 1948 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 242 Kbps (30.3 KB/sec) 261 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Back