Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Peugeot Pro's - Help needed

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Hi Guys,

Father in law has a problem with his 107 where after a period of rain he's got a small swimming pool in the boot of his car. These cars (107's, C1's and the Aygo's) are renound for it. Ive tried a bit fo sealant around the edge but the boot trim has had it and needs replacing, its only a 2009 plate as well :(

Anyone know where I can get a replacement? Been down to the local 107 dealership and they want £50 for it - they can fek off :)

Help is appreciated as always :)

Shabbs

The boot leak is the seal of the rear light cluster onto the body work. What a poor piece of engineering if ever there was one! There is a square piece of foam/rubber on the light cluster that goes round the cable going to the lights. This is all that seals a rather large square hole in the body work behind the light cluster (which itself is only held on with two 'poppers' and two bolts). If you have a leaky boot (usually on one side), remove the side 'carpet' trim - three pull out poppers, one screw and one popper that you need to depress the middle bit first to release - and get some one to pour water over the top of the rear light cluster... a constant stream appears to come down into the rear corner of the boot. Remove the light cluster, clean up all the muck round the square hole in the body, hair dryer dry the foam/rubber 'seal' on the light... then a ring of silicone sealant round the square hole on the body... refit light.

hi
are you sure its the tailgate rubber
ive done a couple of these now and both times its been the high level brake light seal if you undo it and use a good flexible sealer around it that should stop it.
if you get someone to put a hose on it and you get inside you should see the water running down from behind the parcel shelf trim
hope this helps

Thanks guys, as far as I can tell there are multiple locations it can come through. Ive taken the boot carpet out and noticed it running (as Im looking from inside the car to the boot) down the bottom in like a channel of the boot. Ive taken both rear lights out and had a look - and its relatively dry. Also had the misses with a watering can run water down the rear of the car and noticed the leak which I mentioned above.

Cant find new seals on ebay - there is one that someone is selling which is second hand, not much point fitting that and expecting it to work. The hunt continues, the funny thing is the misses has a C1 which is fine and the sister in law also has a 107 which isnt leaking - so I guess he's just unlucky.

Thanks guys, as far as I can tell there are multiple locations it can come through. Ive taken the boot carpet out and noticed it running (as Im looking from inside the car to the boot) down the bottom in like a channel of the boot. Ive taken both rear lights out and had a look - and its relatively dry. Also had the misses with a watering can run water down the rear of the car and noticed the leak which I mentioned above.

Cant find new seals on ebay - there is one that someone is selling which is second hand, not much point fitting that and expecting it to work. The hunt continues, the funny thing is the misses has a C1 which is fine and the sister in law also has a 107 which isnt leaking - so I guess he's just unlucky.
It will leak on there cars eventually it really is a fault peugeot have never mastered. Older style models leaked through the rear light casing and corroded the circuit boards stopping the lights from working. its a very poor design. If you are confident its the boot seal then cutting corners is not an option. Get a quote from the main dealers or take a chance on a scrapyard one.

No mate they just push on. Try a little bit on your Father in Law's car you will see how it goes then.

Quick question miggy,
You always seem to be very knowledgeable when it comes to the mechanical end of motoring,were you a mechanic in a former life ?

Quick question miggy,
You always seem to be very knowledgeable when it comes to the mechanical end of motoring,were you a mechanic in a former life ?

Former life??? I am not fecking dead mate. :). Yes wiz I have served my time in a garage well before I got in to welding. I was taking engines out of peoples cars when I was 14. Lucky enough the feckers never caught me. Lol.

Soz what do you mean "try a little bit on".... As its a whole unit, a new rubber seal? Thanks

You will find that there is a join in the rubber. follow the seal around and you will see a little cut. Pull it apart and the rubber pulls off.

Former life??? I am not fecking dead mate. :). Yes wiz I have served my time in a garage well before I got in to welding. I was taking engines out of peoples cars when I was 14. Lucky enough the feckers never caught me. Lol.

Good to know m8 and your former life was pre op :D

Have you tried your local car spares shop shabbaranks some shops do a roll of this seal that is a universal fit?.

Bit the bullett and ordered from City bug store - slightly cheaper than Peugeot but still £38 for some rubber, fekin rip off. Still if it fixes the issue thats the main thing.

Bit the bullett and ordered from City bug store - slightly cheaper than Peugeot but still £38 for some rubber, fekin rip off. Still if it fixes the issue thats the main thing.

There is not much you can do about prices nowadays mate. Don't forget anything obvious that the rubber doesn't cover and it has a hole seal it up mate or you could be back to square one. Good Luck.

There is not much you can do about prices nowadays mate. Don't forget anything obvious that the rubber doesn't cover and it has a hole seal it up mate or you could be back to square one. Good Luck.

Nice one thanks - and your team played well yesterday :) shame mine didnt otherwise you might be able to catch the reds :)

some rubbers are clamped together on the body work, theres metal in the rubber.make sure it joins at the bottom :D.I fit car windows for a living and them one pices glass boots are hassle, But u can adjust the glass the make it close tighter. But if u play about u may make it worst , like not being able to open it or close if moved to much.

Back