'Pay as you go' road tax

who r the road users causing the congestion
Workers that keep the economy rolling - taxes coming in!!!!!
so lets all take a day off work in protest of this new income tax
bet the roads are not congested!!!

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you
having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly
bill to use it. The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent
study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver. A non working mother who used the car to take
the kids to school paid £86 in one month.

Why dont the Government just simply raise the tax on petrol so the more people drive the more they pay instead of having an expensive tracking device.

Why dont the Government just simply raise the tax on petrol so the more people drive the more they pay instead of having an expensive tracking device.

why raise the tax on petrol why pay more tax are we mugs iam not
the more miles you drive the more petrol you put in and that means you payed more tax so lets stop asking to pay more.

.....but the government NEED the tax and its not only for lining their own pockets, its also for the NHS-Blackhole since that needs feeding, its also for the growing number of single parents, its also since we have so many teenage mums, its needed for homeless imigrants, its needed to help solve prison over-crowding, its needed to solve the education system thats massively failing, its needed because business, corporations & wealthy are taking their money out of the uk... etc etc. So if you earn more than £40 per week you really should be donating the rest into the idea of communism. If you have more than your neighbour you really should be giving stuff away, well unless you are a member of parliament that is. :(
Anyway all is fine because if conservatives get in next they probably wont add the tax to petrol they want to add more to flights instead- thats a vote winner apparently.
Well must go, i'm going to go charge a pensioner a £200 call-out fee now, so i can donate it to the communism fund.
Regards.

Is that not what we have already. I dont see how putting petrol up is going to cut congestion. All people will do is replace there expensive gas gusling car for a cheaper to run car hows that going to cut congestion. There not going to give up a car altogether.

Just another scam by these labour mugs to get more money out of us.
Maybe if they tried tightning up the immigration laws there might not be so many immigrants on the road. That would cut congestion no probs.

Roll on the next election.

Just yet another way to tax the hell out of us.

People that work outside the normal 9-5 can't do without a car and can't avoid making the journey either. The public network is a joke and doesn't run to half of the areas.

They need to start cutting the fat cat perks before the british people take them seriously.

lets tax the gov on all the mistakes they make see how they like it

hang on, ive not read much into all the posts in this thread but would the pay as ya go road tax not benefit people like me that only does like max 200-300 miles per month ??? why should i pay same as a road hog who burns rubber 24/7 ???

hang on, ive not read much into all the posts in this thread but would the pay as ya go road tax not benefit people like me that only does like max 200-300 miles per month ??? why should i pay same as a road hog who burns rubber 24/7 ???

it would still cost you a hell of a lot more than 190 pound a year if you was on pay as you go on 200-300 miles a month

its like that now like i said in post above the more petrol you put in the more tax you pay. let say your car dose 10 miles per liter and you drive 300 miles aweek you pay lets say £24 in tax and some one who's car dose 10 miles per liter dose 600 miles aweek pays £48 so yes they do pay alot more tax then you.

keep puying the petions in but this govr is hell bent on geting money off you

I think pay as you go road charging would work for the majority as a stabdalone charge, however we already have a driving tax, the one and only road tax itself. Either charge us on fuel, or on road use, but if you charge us on both (mr Brown) you aint gonna last long ass a prime minister....

Road tax, the TV licence and inheritence tax are the 3 thigs that reallly boil my monkey blood!!!

The term being used now is "Road Pricing" which is not going to be a fuel based tax, but a mileage tax. But there will be higher pricing for some types of vehicles. 4 x 4 are going to be hit again even if they are more fuel efficent and run cleaner than cars in a lower band.

The East Midlands is going to be a test area, so will have to see what type of system is adopted.

Back