Patches

Yes in order for the patch to work an internet connection is required but note the amount of internet usage is minimal, when the Spiderbox receivers were released
I worked it out at 1.5GB a year.

I don't mind that it has to be connected to the Internet datausage wise. I am just wondering if it has to be connected with an Ethernet cable or is it possible to do it over wireless connection.

Do I need to update the software version 04.07 LDR 00.21 prior to becoming a VIP member with vasiks?

I don't mind that it has to be connected to the Internet datausage wise. I am just wondering if it has to be connected with an Ethernet cable or is it possible to do it over wireless connection.

Do I need to update the software version 04.07 LDR 00.21 prior to becoming a VIP member with vasiks?

Ok there are three ways you could connect.

1 The least expensive way is to use an Ethernet cable, this is the way I do it as my receiver is in the same room as my router.

2 Using "Home Plugs" these are sold in pairs and you connect the Spiderbox to one of them using an Ethernet cable this then plugs into a mains socket and the signal is carried over the household wiring to the second one which is close to your router and connects to the router via a second Ethernet cable. Medium cost but you can have the router anywhere in the house.

3 You can get a "Wireless Adapter" which will connect to the Spiderbox and make it "Wi-Fi" it will then communicate directly with your router over a range depending on the building it is used in just like your laptop does. I've seen these for around £20~25.

If your going for the Vasiks just use their patch but first backup you channels as the patch will erase them then factory reset your Spiderbox, flash the patch and factory reset once again. After that install your channels list and follow the normal setup steps.

Back