Paranoid !!!!

dbroms

Inactive User
Reaction score
Managed to sort my 250 out, flashed and configured with some help....obviously.

Noticed something today whilst looking at the configuration page at 192.168.100.1 that i had set my cloned modem to the same mac as my subbed one !!!!!

i am subbed at 2mb but on the cloned i was getting 20mb, i think its due to the config file that the cloned one has but now im paranoid that Nthell might have sussed me out .

i hope im being paranoid but need some reassurance that this isnt gonna come back and haunt me.......................

redo ur modem with a different mac
im not sure what the cc can suss out
but by not useing ur own subbed mac they
shouldnt notice as it wont be in use
if ur useing a different 1

hi mate it is due to the config file , bundle 3 , and just put another mac into ur 250/255 with the ambit tool piss of piss to do seconds, you will be ok so dont worry , i have cloned my own mac from my subbed modem , i ve had no visits lol

cheers m8, yes i have now reset clone to correct mac and re "smacked " the nic i used in pc. it is now working and i ave checked both modem ( subbed and cloned ) have the correct macs on them, just a bit paranoid about how easy it is for cable companies to trace you ...

hi m8 u have all reason to be paranoid and they may or may not sussed u out, thats why its important to get a mac from another ubr so u can surf and download till ur heart is conent this will also cured ur paranoia

dbroms, I was quite concerned about cc tracing me. I have asked many questions on this subject. I THINK I am right in saying that you SHOULD be ok if using your own mac providing you change the mac on your nic as this is how the cc see you. I connect wireless through a router, call me paranoid, but I changed my nic for a wirless usb adapter and bought a new router, because I'm using my own mac. Hope I haven't wasted my money.

dbroms, I was quite concerned about cc tracing me. I have asked many questions on this subject. I THINK I am right in saying that you SHOULD be ok if using your own mac providing you change the mac on your nic as this is how the cc see you. I connect wireless through a router, call me paranoid, but I changed my nic for a wirless usb adapter and bought a new router, because I'm using my own mac. Hope I haven't wasted my money.
well u kind wasted ur money, if ur using ur own mac ther is no way to hide, ur mac will give u away it has all ur personal details so smacking ur pc or router would've been in vain.
by using ur own mac ur still alerting the cc that u have uncapped ur broadband and increase up and download speed by altering the config file that was issue with ur mac.

u should only use ur mac for testing only making sure the modem is working and that the settings are correct while u wait for a mac from another ubr (area)
and should only use smac when u will be using clone mac on the same pc ur subbed modem mac was connected to using the same nic.

if ur using a router that never been connected to ur subbed modem then ther is no need to smac the router.

Last edited:
Back