pace 1000 techincal manual?

Pimp Panther

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I've searched dw and www for a technical manual for the pace 1000 but can't find one. I did see one a year or so ago but didn't save it.

Does anyone know where i can find one please?

I've been trying for an age to extend the remote signal. The problem I have is that my box is in an understairs cupboard out of sight with the rest of my av stuff. I have failed to find a decent solution to extending the irda signal into the cupboard. I know there are loads of ir extenders out there but have only found a couple that support the pace irda format and they are shite. The range is up to 2m at best (<1m in daylight!) which is pointless - and a sad waste of my hard earned cash.

My tv is wall mounted with all cables going through a hole in the wall behind the tv into the cupboard.

I'm trying to see how I can do a hardwired extension of the front display which has ch no. and irda reciever and reposition it away from the box so I end up with a length of cable from the box itself going through the wall (out of sight - which is the whole point of what I'm trying to do) and mounted directly under the tv in a case that I will build myself.

I have a spare box that I can practice on but would rather have a look at a tech manual before I experiment, and poss end up breaking it!

Any help on the manual or poss solution that I may have missed would be appreciated.

Thanks. Youre all delicious.
PP

I did it by removing the led and extending it using individually screened cable, can't remember which cable exactly it was years ago. Moved it around 4-5 metres

Ok thanks. Did you only move the led? I wasn't sure if you had to move 2 "led type things". I've only peered through the clear plastic cover on the box and there looks like there are 2 things to move which I thought was common - but this is just an assumption.

I know you can't remember which one you moved but if you can confirm the number of bits you moved then it would be a lot easier for me to work out.

I would actually prefer it if I only had to hide a tiny led rather than build a case for the entire display...

Gotta go and take daughter to birthday party so will be offline for a while.

Thanks again

Back