Pace 1000 phase 1b problem!

gizmoworld

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a 1000 phase 1b nthell which I am trying to change the net id so can use in tw I have coverted loads of these boxes before but this ones a nightmare. I can access the eng menu and change the freq and have already pulled the red jumper, once ive set the freq go to netid page which has the usuall 09999 put in netid funcard and screen goes to updating please do not switch of box as usual but display on box staces on PACE instead of updating and going through the process done it 3 times still no joy, left on for 1 hour still no joy just stays on PACE! and when i try to access the eng menu it wont let me unless i pull red jumper again! any help please!

dont think it will update to tw may be wrong though have you tried the 4321 update :)what version software is it running on

Last edited:
1000b should update but you have to do a forced update as maca has said

1000b should update but you have to do a forced update as maca has said

i must have read wrong then thought i depends on what software its running on and had to downgrade to cr1 for it to update to tw :)

nope 1000b will update between areas but must be a forced update. think its the only box that will.

That is correct behaviour, once you enter a netid it will stick on Pace whilst it tries to do a software download. The fact that it isn't doing this suggests that it isn't receiving a signal - if you're sure the feed is good, try swapping the CIM with a known good one, or failing that you're looking at possible tuner or cap fault. Do you know if the box was working on a C&W feed before you tried to transfer it over to TW??

changed the tuner and hey presto PERFECT!!! Thanks to all for helping much appreciated!!!

I have a 1000 phase 1b nthell which I am trying to change the net id so can use in tw I have coverted loads of these boxes before but this ones a nightmare. I can access the eng menu and change the freq and have already pulled the red jumper, once ive set the freq go to netid page which has the usuall 09999 put in netid funcard and screen goes to updating please do not switch of box as usual but display on box staces on PACE instead of updating and going through the process done it 3 times still no joy, left on for 1 hour still no joy just stays on PACE! and when i try to access the eng menu it wont let me unless i pull red jumper again! any help please!
it could have a 1000 dump cr1 onit to the noupdate mod..thats a way you can set a p1b without the wires as a NUDM

Back