outlook contacts list?

dandare

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey folks i have a list of hundreds of emails that ill be contacting for work. they are all saved on a long notepad file. whats the best way to import them into my email contacts so i have them as a group to send when the time comes.
ta
dan

Hmmmm...If I think I get what you want to do, possibly best way is to try & craft the text file you've got in something that resembles a csv file, then you can import that directly into Outlook, as a seperate contacts list (so you don't mess up your existing contacts list).....

Help?

csv!! ye i think thats the format i had read about on the importing stuff. is it excel that allows ye to save this file format? as i could do a quick spread sheet with the contact details.
ta

You could do that in excel if the file is delimited, i.e. someone @isp; another@isp; etc. Just use the import data facility.

In outlook select file from the menu at the top then import and export. from the menu box that appears select import from another program or file and then click the next button. you can choose the file type you want to import, some of the choices are excel file, csv file, tab seperated file etc

thanks for the replies folks. i'll give them a go.

Back